Every e-commerce business wants to offer a smooth checkout experience to its customers because that’s the last step in a sale. Although the platform you use to handle transactions is essential, you shouldn’t overlook checkout.
As one of the leading payment gateways on the market, Stripe offers a checkout service that you can integrate with Jotform, just like the Stripe payment gateway itself.
We’ve simplified the below steps to integrate Stripe Checkout with your form.
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button on the top-left side of the screen.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Click or drag/drop Stripe Checkout to your form.
- In the Payment Settings, select first the Mode. The Mode determines the Stripe Checkout environment you’re using. Test for testing in Sandbox and Live for accepting live payments.
- Click the Connect button and authenticate by logging in to your Stripe account. Once connected, the button will turn green and will display as Connected.
- Choose your preferred Currency. In the Currency dropdown, you can select one of 100+ supported currencies.
- Select the Payment Type. You can choose to Sell Products, Sell Subscriptions, set up User Defined Amounts, or Collect Donations. To learn more, see Order Form Types.
When you add Stripe Checkout, its Payment Settings will automatically open. If not, click the Wand icon to open it.
Under the Additional Gateway Settings, you can set up a few options related to the integration. Please scroll below for the details.
- If you’ve selected Sell Products or Sell Subscriptions, click the Continue button to add your product or subscription items. Otherwise, click the Save button to complete the integration.
- Setting Up Your First Order Form
- How to Set Up a Recurring Payment Option
- How to Add Coupon Code to Payment Forms
- How to Add Shipping Cost to Payment Forms
- How to Add Tax to Your Payment Form
- How to Add Options to Payment Forms
- How to Generate an Invoice for Your Payment Form
Setting up the Additional Gateway Settings
The Additional Gateway Settings in the Stripe Checkout integration contain additional options that you can set. Based on your chosen Payment Type, you’ll see a combination of the following:
- Customer Email Field – The Customer Email Field maps an email address from your form and sends it to the Stripe Dashboard, particularly at the customer’s record.
- Custom Data Field – You can send text field information to Stripe using the Custom Data Field. Check out our user guide on How to Send Custom Data to Stripe Payment for more information.
- Show Total Price on the Form – Display the total price to the customer.
- Users Can Select Multiple Products – Allow customers to buy multiple products from your online store. Toggle this to No if you want to limit customers to only one selection.
- Charge Customer Immediately – This option is toggled to Yes by default, which means you immediately charge your customers. Toggle this to No if you want to charge customers at a later date. Check out our guide on How to Enable Payment Authorization to learn more.
- Clickable Image Preview – Allow customers to click on an image and preview it.
- Use Decimals – Use decimal points for prices.
- Decimal Separator – You can select a point or comma. We’ve set this to hide when you disable Use Decimals.
- Fetch Coupons from Stripe Account – When enabled, it will fetch and display all the coupons from the connected Stripe account. Please keep in mind that this overrides the current coupons created through Jotform. For more information, please visit our help guide on How Fetch Coupon Codes From Stripe.
- Fetch Subscriptions from Stripe Account – This option is displayed when you select Sell Subscriptions from the Payment Type. It will fetch your subscription items from your Stripe account.
- Show Fetched Coupons from Stripe Account – Choose whether to display the coupons when you opt to Fetch Coupons from your Stripe account.
- Send Receipt Email – We highly recommend keeping this enabled so that the integration will send a copy of the receipt to the customer on each payment.
Integrating Stripe Checkout with Jotform is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few simple steps:
Create a Stripe account: If you don't already have a Stripe account, you'll need to create one. Go to the Stripe website (stripe.com) and follow the instructions to sign up for an account.
Create a form in Jotform: Once you have a Stripe account, go to the Jotform website (jotform.com) and create a form. Make sure that your form includes a payment field and that you've enabled payment processing.
Connect your Stripe account to Jotform: In Jotform, go to the settings for your payment field and select "Stripe" as the payment gateway. Then, enter your Stripe account information and click "Connect to Stripe."
Customize your payment settings: In Jotform, you can customize various payment settings, such as the currency, payment amount, and payment description.
Test your integration: Before you publish your form, test your Stripe integration to make sure that it's working correctly. You can do this by submitting a test payment and checking that the payment is processed correctly.
Is it possible to pass products into the Stripe Checkout widget from another source? For example, if we raise an invoice in a different system for 2 products, and we want to pass these into the Jotform Stripe Checkout widget for payment?
Also, can you retrieve products directly from Stripe?
Can we connect this payment path to a Stripe Terminal POS device? So, let's say we want to assemble the costs and collect other signatures on a form then use the POS system to collect final payment is it possible through Stripe Checkout, or is there another approach you would recommend?