A common problem is that you may have tried to change your Email Notifications to have them sent to a different email address, but when you test it you find out that it has only gone to your old email.
The above-mentioned problem mainly happens because you are using the Test Email button, which by default is configured to send the email to the email address that is associated with your account and found under your Account Profile.
So, why does this happen when using the Test Email button you ask?
The email address you signed up with Jotform is what is used for your Account Profile. This is the same email address that is always pre-populated into any new form that you created.
To change and test your email recipient address properly is actually a very simple process. Please see the following instructions below:
- On the My Forms page, select the form and then click the Edit Form button.
- Click the Settings at the top, and click the Emails tab.
- Hover the notification and then click the edit (pencil) icon.
- Navigate to the Recipients tab, you’ll see the Recipient Emails there. You can edit, delete, or add a new one there.
- Click the Save button to save all the changes made.
- Finally, all you have to do is preview your form, fill it out, and click the submit button. You should now notice your notifications arriving at the new email address you have specified.
If you have any questions or if the emails are still not being sent to the right address, do leave a comment and we would be happy to assist you with your issue and help you get the right email to the right inbox.