What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Downloading each submission as a separate PDF fileAsked by aapgfdn on February 24, 2017 at 10:40 AM
We use JotForm to receive applications for several of our programs.
We are accepting applications right now for one of those programs, and will be engaging a committee to review, score and select top scoring candidates.
We will be sending out the applications to multiple reviewers on a committee. What we would like to do is send each application as a separate pdf file.
Is there a way within JotForm to download each submission as a separate pdf document? From what I can tell, someone must download all of the documents submitted and then separate each application out individually, which is very time consuming.
The reason I ask is that last year we had 300+ applications with more than 600+ pages in applicant materials. It would be very helpful if we could download the applications as pdfs individually so we don't have to separate them out of hundreds of pages, page by page.
This is possible by doing the following:
1. Create an Excel report (https://www.jotform.com/help/101-How-to-create-an-Excel-Report). Filter the report to only have the submission ID.
2. Download and open the CSV.
3. Copy the IDs.
4. Append the URL https://www.jotform.com/pdf-submission/ using this tool: http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/add-prefixsuffix-into-line/.
5. Save the result as an HTML file:
6. Install this addon on your Firefox browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall.
7. Open the saved HTML file from Step 5 on your Firefox browser.
8. Right-click and click DownloadthemAll option:
9. In Filters, select All and click Start button.
The tool will download the PDF at once.
Lastly, I would suggest integrating your form with Google Drive or Dropbox so next time you need the individual files, you can just access your Dropbox or Google Drive accounts.
I hope that helps.