- ausetAsked on April 25, 2017 at 11:15 PM
I have Squarespace & Madmimi (although I am switching to Mailerlite & hope Jotform will integrate with Mailerlite soon).
I just received your newsletter announcing the new "Conditions" feature and wondered if it can be used in this way.
I will be creating quizzes. In order to see the answer to the quiz (ie What type of journaler are you?), they would submit their email and I would email the answer to them (ie You are a fast & creative journaler).
I also may want to direct users to different pages on my Squarespace site depending on their answer in the survey or quiz.
Possible alternatives would be to direct them to a mailterlite landing page url or another jotform.
Are any of these things possible using the new Conditions feature?
Thanks so much for your patience & look forward to your response :)
- CharlieAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 03:27 AM
Thank you for your interest in using JotForm. Based on your requirements, I believe it is possible to accomplish, however, I personally suggest exploring more the form builder's features and functionality so that you can see if it fits your needs.
For the quiz, there are two ways on how you can do scores.
First Method: First, you can use the Quiz App. You can check it here: https://apps.jotform.com/app/quiz_form.
Second Method: You can use the Conditional Logic and some widgets like the Form Calculation widget. Here's how:
1. If your questions involve multiple choices with correct answers, then you can assign values on them. Here's a guide to help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value. Example, you can assign a value of "1" to the correct answer, and a value of "0" to the incorrect ones.
2. After that, you can use the Form Calculation widget to get the inputs from those question and sum up the total points. To learn more about the Form Calculation widget, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
If you want to redirect your users after submitting the form and based on a specific answer or value, then that is possible using conditional logic. I suggest checking this general guide first to learn more about the options you can use: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic.
For the specific guide on how to redirect users to another URL, here's a link that you can check: https://www.jotform.com/help/317-Change-Thank-You-Page-URL-Based-on-a-Condition
I hope that helps.
- ausetAnswered on April 26, 2017 at 04:43 AMThanks for the fast response! This definitely gives me something to work