- KiwasiAsked on June 06, 2017 at 03:03 AM
I have a multi user situation, where one form is to be sent to a sequence of multiple users. Each user has a different set of fields to fill out. I am attempting to hide later users fields until the form gets to them.
My thought on how to do this was to simply show the appropriate fields using the submit button. Is there a way to take an action when the user clicks the submit button?
Alternatively is there a better way to solve my problem?
- CharlieAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 04:18 AM
I am not sure how exactly you are doing the multi user approach, I presume it is somewhat like a multi step process. Below are some guides to give you an idea on how you can do this.
1. First, you can use Conditional Logic to hide sections of your form based on some user input. Here's a guide about that: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic.
2. After that, you need to setup email alerts that will be sent to your users, here's a general guide about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/30-Explanation-of-Email-Notification-and-Autoresponder-Settings.
3. You need to specify in the email content the "edit link" of the submission. Example:
User 1 receives email with edit link, he/she clicks the edit link and fill out the section he/she needs to, then resubmit the form.
User 2 receives email with edit link, he/she clicks the edit link and fill out the section he/she needs to, then resubmit the form.
User 3 receives email.... and so on.
4. How to you send email alerts to specific address based on a user input? Here's a guide that you can refer to: https://www.jotform.com/help/167-How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer. Please note that if you tie an email alert to a conditional logic, then that email alert will only trigger IF the conditions are met.
5. There's also a specific guide on how you can build a form with a approval process flow, here's a link to it: https://www.jotform.com/help/432-A-General-Approach-on-Building-an-Approval-Process-Workflow. It discusses what I have listed above.
I hope that helps.