- SOSStLuciaAsked on August 14, 2017 at 11:59 PM
What happens when I have exceeded the number of forms allowed by my free plan? I have 6 forms but the free plan allows only 5.
- CharlieAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 03:02 AM
I presume you already have 6 forms before the new form count limit was implemented. In that case, those forms will remain as active. However, you cannot create new forms because you already have exceeded your form count limit. Please do note that the form count limit is only applicable to those forms that are active/enabled. If you wish to free up your form count space, you can simply archive the form or disable them. Here's a guide on how you can enable/disable them: https://www.jotform.com/help/180-How-to-Enable-Disable-a-Form.
To learn more about the account usage and limits, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/408-Understanding-Your-Account-Usage-and-Limits.
I hope that helps.
- SOSStLuciaAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 07:43 AMNo, I did not have the 6 forms before the new form count was implemented.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 09:15 AM
Nothing will happen to your account if you exceeded the form limit. But, you will not be able to create or clone form on your current (Free) plan which can accommodate 5 forms only.
Also, could you please try creating or cloning a form and let us know if you can still add another one?
- SOSStLuciaAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 10:43 AMI've tried it. I cannot create or clone a form.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 11:13 AM
Thank you for testing it on your account. :)
If you need further assistance, please contact us again.