- sstrawbridgeAsked on December 11, 2017 at 03:40 PM
Q.1 Select store location (free-form text field)
Q.2 Street Address:
When user inserts "Store A" as store location, is it possible for Street Address, City, and Province to auto-populate based on an excel document (that contains a couple hundred stores)?
Thanks for the help.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on December 11, 2017 at 04:47 PM
Yes its possible. You can see a demo here:
First you need to setup your form. You need:
1. A drop down for the Store Location. Configure its options to include Store A to Store E.
2. A long text entry for the street address
3. A short text entry for the city
4. A short text entry for the province.
To insert the information based on a selection of the store. You need to setup 3 conditions for each location.
Then when you submit your form. Your submissions will record the populated fields:
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on December 11, 2017 at 04:59 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I just noticed you want to populate your form from a spreadsheet right?
Ok, that is also possible.
Please read this guide:
And get back to us if you require any further assistance.
- sstrawbridgeAnswered on December 12, 2017 at 03:34 PM
Thanks so much for your quick reply. I tried out the second method, and it worked! I'll definitely be putting this to good use.
- sstrawbridgeAnswered on January 25, 2018 at 09:09 AM
After more revisions, I discovered that the "Spreadsheet to Form" widget does not work when the fields that need to be auto-populated are required. I need the user to fill in Store Location (i.e. Store A), and if Store Location exists it will auto-populate. But if not, I need the Store to enter in their Store Location PLUS the Street Address, City etc, as these fields are mandatory.
Can you help? It would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on January 25, 2018 at 10:32 AM
1) You could try requiring them through conditions.
2) You could make your own warning message.
Just use a text field and in red text you could say "Location is required!". You could also hide the submit button until all fields are filled.
For example here is a demo:
- sstrawbridgeAnswered on January 30, 2018 at 11:14 AM
Thanks aubreybourke -- That did the trick.
- sstrawbridgeAnswered on April 14, 2018 at 04:48 PMHi JotForm,This is very alarming. In my form, I have set up these options below:
I found a bug with the "Speadsheet to Form" widget.
My form is here:
It appears that when the user goes back to edit their form via an "Edit Link" (see here: https://www.jotform.com/help/40-How-to-Let-Users-Update-Their-Form-Submissions-at-a-Later-Date), the value for the input field disappears.However, these fields don't seem to make a difference...A user can hit "submit" when the Input Field is empty, even though the field is required...In the back-end, when I check my submissions, the value is blank. Please help!
1st time user fills in form:
When user goes back to edit form: