- Marty WilkeAsked on December 16, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Would you be able to help me find a way to use JotForm to provide the following need:
- Use a JotForm posted on a tab within our facbook page that volunteers can view "open" dates/times to volunteer for a 2-hr. period at a public boat landing on Saturdays from Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day weekend, and as a date/time is taken, this information is shown/stored so that anyone viewing after someone takes a 2-hr. time period, allows everyone else to see what's still open, as well as those dates/times taken already.
The JotForm I've created lets each volunteer pick a date/time and sends volunteer and me confirmation/notification of that time period taken, but doesn't allow ability to show all still open date/time periods AND "taken" date/time periods so is viewable as a "living" form to show this data.
- I have also connected two .pdf documents along with the sign-up form that provide information and instructions to the volunteers that they can open/print as references to perform volunteer boat inspection/monitoring for invasive materials and proper transportation of bait/kept fish in compliance with state boating regulations.
Thank you for any help to provide this function. Wondered if something like the Christmas invitation would give me the actions I need or if there is something more specific that would answer my needs.
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Create a Great Invitation Form for Your Company Holiday Party
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 16, 2017 at 03:38 PM
Please take a look at the Appointment Slot widget here.
You can test the demo form https://form.jotformpro.com/form/43352010062942
The widget will allow you to have a date/time booking items that have specified quantity/number. Once the date/time slot were used up, they will not be available or selected anymore.
- I have also connected two .pdf documents along with the sign-up form that provide information and instructions to the volunteers that they can open/print as references to perform volunteer boat inspection/monitoring for invasive materials and proper transportation of bait/kept fish in compliance with state boating regulations
I do not understand yet what you meant here... were you trying to embed the PDF docs into the form?
You can do this using the PDF embedded widget. If this is not what it was about, please provide clarity and we will check again.
We will wait for your updated response.
- mlwilkeAnswered on December 16, 2017 at 04:43 PMHi – Thanks for your helpful reply. I will look at the widget and test it!
As far as the documents – yes, I did embed the two links to documents (on my google drive file) so volunteers can click on them to read/print out as helpful. They are not in the schedule form, but as part of the process someone clicks on to go thru the steps after the date/time section set up using JotForm:
Thanks - will see if this solves remaining needs!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on December 16, 2017 at 05:14 PM
I see that you have already added the PDF embed widget on your form. I take it that all matters have been resolved from jonathan's response. In any case that you have questions or if you need assistance, please let us know.
- mlwilkeAnswered on December 16, 2017 at 09:43 PMThanks for helping me. Now have a question:
I previewed the Appointment Slot widget I inserted and customized within my JotForm. I tested the form and checked two options (date/time) and everything works fine. BUT now I can’t see how I can uncheck those two checkboxes so form returns to show all date/time options are available, and can then post finished form for people who will use the JotForm. Can’t find any answer in Guide, FAQ. Thanks in advance!
- JotForm SupportMarvihAnswered on December 16, 2017 at 09:57 PM
- mlwilkeAnswered on December 17, 2017 at 01:43 AMStill not working – I used the URL link to test and now more checkboxes are selected which I can’t uncheck in edit. I went to clearing cache for Firefox/Mozilla and found in newest version of Firefox (set up differently than below link to older version of Firefox) and cleared cache, but didn’t make any difference.
Also noticed that when I want to edit form and select the Appointment Slot widget within my JotForm, that when my mouse/cursor moves over this widget in edit mode, instead of the normal arrow symbol for cursor, the cursor looks like two lines intersecting in the middle, with arrows on the four outer ends of each point. Is that why I can’t do anything? If click out of Appointment Slot widget, the cursor returns to normal arrow symbol as move over body of JotForm.
Any suggestions? (I’ve deleted form and re-created several times, but didn’t help).
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 17, 2017 at 02:06 AM
Are you referring to the taken (crossed out) options in your appointment slot widget?
Take note that this widget reads your existing submissions. The options from the widget that matched the existing submissions data will be automatically crashed out if there's no quantity left.
There are 2 ways to restore the quantity number or removed the crossed out options,
1. By deleting the existing submissions with selections from that widget.
2. By increasing the quantity number. Example, if it was previously 1 and has already been picked. Increase it to 2 and it should show 1 quantity left.
Hope this helps!
- mlwilkeAnswered on December 17, 2017 at 11:43 AMThank you! All the help is wonderful and prompt – very, very appreciative of your stellar service and support. What a great product and company to use!