- amberj2010Asked on April 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM
I tried putting an e-signiture box on my contract that can be left blank by the client and that I can sign after the client has submitted the form, but it seems to not be editable. In that case how am I to add my signiture to the contract?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 01:48 PM
You can edit that later on. Please include an edit link in the email notifier. Something similar to this autoresponder settings:
For further help regarding to this question, let us know here. Otherwise, open another thread for any unrelated question.
- amberj2010Answered on April 11, 2014 at 05:14 PM
I did this but when I got the email and opened the edit link, it would let me edit all fields except the e-signiture fields, even the one I left blank for me to sign was greyed out and wouldn't let me sign. I not understanding how I will be able to sign after my clients have submitted the form.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 06:34 PM
Hi, use the Smooth Signature widget for you to sign, and the leave the E-signature widget for individuals who submit your form, since the Smooth Signature widget can be edited.
Add that widget to your form, create you email notification again, in case the field is not included on the current one. Hope that helps you, let us know if you have more questions, we will be glad to assist you.
- amberj2010Answered on April 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Hi, I have been working with this for a while now and still have not got it working for me. I tried doing all advice above including creating a new notifier. Everytime I send a link to the form to myself to test, all sections can be filled out but the smooth signiture box at the bottom doesn't show up, only the words "photographer's signiture" beside it. It cannot even be signed the first time the form is filled out, and with the edit link it is the same. What am I doing wrong?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 02:31 PM
I have cloned your form, but I was not able to reproduce any issues with the Smooth Signature widget.
Also, I was able to see the Photographer's Signature field upon editing submission.
There is a chance that the issue is related to your browser. Please try to clear your browser cache and cookies, then re-check the form.
If that does not help, please get back to us with the information about version of your browser.
- amberj2010Answered on April 16, 2014 at 08:11 PM
Thanks for your response. I tried this out in a different browser and it worked. The main browser I use is the latest version of Firefox. I cleared my browser cache and cookies and still it was not working in firefox. Anything else I can try?
- CesarAnswered on April 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM
If clearing the browser's cache did not help. I would suggest to uninstall the browser and reinstall. This should help to make sure the browser is operating on it's default settings.
Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- amberj2010Answered on September 03, 2014 at 12:19 PMIt is a few months later and I am still dealing with similar issues with the smooth signature widget. A few times it has worked like a charm, but with the last contracts I have needed to sign, no browser would work for me though I tried different computers and I did try clearing my cache. These are the same contracts that I have used in the past, so not sure why they work sometimes and not others. I just need to be able to sign the smooth signature box!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 03, 2014 at 01:56 PM
I have moved your last reply as a new thread, here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/424205.