When it comes to scheduling meetings with employees and booking appointments with clients, you need software you can trust to be efficient, affordable, and reliable. And, especially with clients, you need to avoid missed appointments and fill your available slots for maximum ROI.
Luckily, two platforms tout those capabilities: Book Like A Boss and Acuity Scheduling. Let’s compare Book Like A Boss vs Acuity Scheduling to see which one is right for you.
Book Like A Boss vs Acuity Scheduling: Overview
Whether you’re a budding solopreneur or you work for an enterprise, web-based scheduling platform Book Like A Boss promises to close the gap between leads and sales. With its booking pages, calendar synchronization, and integration with popular payment processors, you can achieve a simplified, optimized, and high-converting booking process. And with more than 40,000 customers — including Amazon, Nike, and Twitter — Book Like A Boss proves it knows a thing or two about scaling with your business to provide an easy-to-navigate appointment calendar.
Billed as “more than just a scheduling tool,” Acuity Scheduling acts as your personal assistant, keeping your schedule full but manageable and making phone tag a thing of the past. Acuity Scheduling manages your meeting attendees and locations, auto-adjusts for time zones, reduces no-shows with booking reminders, and even asks clients to complete intake forms when they book. It’s simple to use, fully customizable, and easy to set up, and it proudly supports more than 100,000 businesses around the world.
Create HIPAA-friendly forms for your every need with Jotform.
Book Like A Boss vs Acuity Scheduling: Features
Here’s what you can do with Book Like A Boss:
- Create customized booking web pages with social media links, profile photos, testimonials, and FAQs
- Prevent overbooking by syncing your client calendar with the calendars you already use, including Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook
- Offer a variety of payment options and coupon codes, and even sell e-books and video files that your customers can easily access when they check out
- Manage your time on a user-friendly, intuitive dashboard — setting time zones, choosing the default currency for payments, and reviewing past orders
- Receive 24-7 assistance, including chatbots, a members-only Facebook group, and 50-plus tutorial videos
Here’s what Acuity Scheduling enables you to do:
- Free up your time with automation — by auto-adjusting time zones, enabling clients to cancel and reschedule themselves, and sending clients automated reminders
- Sync your Acuity Scheduling calendar with third-party calendars to stay in the loop with new and canceled bookings
- Block out times on your Acuity Scheduling calendar to only show available times to your customers
- Accept online payments from Stripe, Square, and PayPal
- Schedule and meet clients remotely through video-conferencing integrations
- Give yourself some peace of mind (especially if you’re a healthcare organization) knowing your clients’ data is secure with this HIPAA-friendly software
Book Like A Boss vs Acuity Scheduling: Pricing
Both Book Like A Boss and Acuity Scheduling offer free trials (for 14 and seven days, respectively) and base their prices on your team size and needs.
For example, Book Like A Boss offers two base plans — their Solopreneur plans for one-person businesses and Company plans for teams between three and 100 people. They also offer custom plans for larger teams.
Their Solopreneur plans range from $7.50 to $24.16 per month (billed annually), and their Company plans range from $29.17 to $825 per month (also billed annually). And while the website does a great job of displaying which features are included with which package, there’s a lot of variety within the pricing ranges depending on how many people are on your team, so it’s best to reach out to a representative if you have a large company.
Acuity Scheduling, on the other hand, is a bit simpler. Their most basic plan (Emerging) is $16 per month (with annual billing) and is meant for one staff member or location — similar to the Book Like A Boss Solopreneur plan.
For teams of six or more, their Growing plan — their most popular — is $27 per month, while their Powerhouse plan (best for larger teams of at least 30 people) is $49 per month. The biggest differences between the latter two are that the Growing plan doesn’t offer adjustments for multiple time zones and their Powerhouse plan includes a custom API and CSS for developers.
Book Like A Boss vs Acuity Scheduling alternative: Jotform
So, when comparing Book Like a Boss vs Acuity Scheduling, you may find neither is the right fit. If so, consider one more option: online form builder Jotform.
With Jotform, you can also schedule appointments and accept client payments using one of its 240-plus appointment form templates. Jotform is powerful, fully customizable, easy to navigate, and code-free, helping you create impressive, convenient booking forms.
Here’s how it works:
- Select a premade appointment form template (or build your own from scratch).
- Customize it to your heart’s content — add fun widgets, change colors and fonts, and include your logo to match your brand.
- Embed your newly created appointment form on your website or add it to your social media platforms for easy customer access.
- When clients complete and submit the appointment form, you’ll receive a notification. You can then add all the details to your calendar. If you use Google Calendar, you can use Jotform’s Google Calendar integration to create new events in your calendar with the submitted meeting information.
And the best part? Instead of a free trial, Jotform offers a free Starter plan — which includes five forms, 100 MB of space, 100 monthly form submissions, and much more. And if you want access to more forms, space, and form submissions as your appointment book fills up, the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Enterprise plans, starting at $34 per month with annual billing, give you all of that and more.
Regardless of your business size, scheduling appointments is never fun. But if you implement the right tools, the process can become much more organized, streamlined, and scalable.
Thank you for helping improve the Jotform Blog. 🎉