You’ve put in the time and effort to create an event, and it’s exciting to see the registrations coming through. As you approach the day of the event, you may be wondering what you can do to increase the number of people who show.
Even if people were excited about the event when they registered, it’s easy for them to lose interest — or simply forget about it. It’s up to you to be proactive with an effective reminder strategy to keep the event fresh in your attendees’ minds. While reminder messages won’t guarantee full attendance, they’ll definitely increase the number of people who actually show up.
Why event reminders are essential
Here are a few reasons why every event organizer should implement a system for event reminders:
- Send event updates. Do you need to share new information about the upcoming event? Send updates and relevant information so participants can prepare for the day’s activities. Event updates might include details about the schedule, venue, parking, and speakers.
- Maintain the conversation. Ongoing contact can help build excitement about the event. Keep the lines of communication open so participants can ask questions and learn more about upcoming activities.
- Boost participation. Reminders keep the event fresh in people’s minds, so they don’t forget to attend.
When it comes to event reminders, quality always takes priority over quantity. A few brief communications are sufficient for sharing necessary event details and inviting people to participate.
Remind registrants of your upcoming event by sending automated reminder emails with Jotform.
How to write a reminder email for an event
Consider these essential tips when writing a reminder email for an event:
- Stick with plain text. If you want your reminder to look like a personal email, then stick with a plain-text message. Avoid graphics or features that might affect the overall formatting or detract from the main message of the reminder.
- Keep it simple. The goal of this message is to remind each person about the event. There’s no need for a lengthy explanation of the event’s history or a long statement about its purpose, for example. Put the essential event information at the beginning of the message, and then quickly wrap it up.
- Include necessary details. What basics does every attendee need to know to participate in the event? Share the time and date, location, and anything they need to do to prepare.
- Use active voice. When you use active voice in your copywriting, you make the message easier for people to understand. This style of writing is personal, welcoming, and straightforward.
5 event reminder email templates
You don’t need to start from scratch when it’s time to write an event reminder email. Use a template like the ones below to get started, then customize the message to fit your personal preferences.
Registration confirmation template
Schedule an automated message that goes out immediately after a person registers for the event. Here’s an example.
Congrats! You successfully registered for [event name].
Here are the event details to save on your calendar:
- [Date and time]
- [Location or webinar access info]
Get the most out of the day by preparing for the event. Here are a few things you can do to make sure you’re ready: [preparation information].
Do you have questions? Simply respond to this email, and we’ll gladly provide the information you need.
Participant input template
Consider asking for participant input before the event. Include this request as part of a reminder email to start conversations with attendees.
We’re looking forward to the upcoming event: [event name].
Our goal is to deliver as much value as possible. We’d love your input about the programming that will best suit your preferences.
Please fill out this two-minute survey to let us know what you think: [survey link].
As a reminder, the event details are as follows:
Let us know if you have any questions!
Simple event reminder template
Send a quick reminder message a week before to remind participants of the event details.
Touching base to let you know that [event name] is just a week away. Make sure to mark your calendar — you don’t want to miss the exciting information we’re sharing.
If you have questions about your registration, just respond to this email, and our team will help you out. We look forward to seeing you!
Final reminder event email template
If you’re hosting a digital event, send an email an hour before it’s time to log on. This reminder gives people time to wrap up other activities and provides quick access to the webinar link.
This is a reminder that [event name] begins in one hour, at [time].
How to join the webinar:
Talk to you soon!
Event follow-up email template
Your communication shouldn’t end when the event is over. Consider sending a follow-up email and thank-you message to each attendee.
We had a great turnout at yesterday’s event — thanks for participating!
If you missed it, feel free to check out the session recording here: [recording link].
Do you have any feedback about the presentations? We’d love to hear from you.
Automating event reminder emails
Jotform offers integrated features for automated event reminder emails. Simply choose the timeline for the reminders, then schedule the emails for delivery. Learn more about setting up and managing reminder emails, including how to customize your messages.