What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to create a multiple approval form?Asked by odicorp on December 01, 2016 at 08:08 PM
We need a student application form that supports 4 people completing and forwarding the form. The student enters their relevant info and send it to the Guidance counselor, the complete a few questions and forward it to the program director. The Director checks off reviewed info and enters their comments. If admitted the for goes to the program instructor for their input. each of the 4 participants must sign and submit, to move it along to the next person in the chain.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I understood your question correctly, you would like crate a form for two step approvals and send an -email to submitter to go ahead for the final step.
I studied a work around for this case. You can also clone my demo form and look into my steps.
Here is the details for my demo form.
1. First part of the form is for the student to fill necessary fields. I added following fields but you can change it according to your fields.
2. Then, I created two text boxes to be approved by both counselor and director and created the fields for counselor and director as following.
3. I set following condition to show/hide fields to admins or students. Counselor and director parts are not visible unless the right key is entered. So, the students can not fill those fields.
4. I created two notifications and two autoresponders. I also set a condition for the e-mails to achieve following scenario.
- When the form is filled at the first time, student and councelor receive an e-mail but director not.
- When the councelor edit submission and submit the form, only director receive an e-mail.
- When director submit the form, only the student receive an e-mail regarding what s/he needs to do and details of its first form.
Please note that you can customise each notification and autoresponder e-mail parts. In this way, you need to add the final form step or details or another form link to the final autoresponder which is after director in my case.
I also add here some useful guides for your information. You may have a look them to see detailed of features that I used on my demo form.
Hope, these would help you but please do not hesitate to contact us if this not the case or if you need any further assistance by our side. We would be pleased to help you for any issue you may have.
The sample form you created is not available.
Can it be reloaded? I am still having trouble getting the multistep aspect of the form to work.
Upon checking the workaround provided by Rose I can see it should work for what you're trying to achieve, basically the workflow would be to submit the form once, send the submission to first person to approve it, then once this has been already done send the form to the second person to approve it. If you would require more users to check the form and complete certain info then you would only need to make the needed changes with the conditions and the fields for the approval.
I will also ask my colleague for the form so it can be provided and you can clone it on your account.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Here is the demo form for the above declared situation.
Feel free to clone it.