- yytheatreAsked on June 03, 2017 at 07:37 AM
When automatically exporting form data in .csv (excel) and .pdf format, the text only boxes are ignored and only the response boxes are recorded.
I need to be able to provide a printable copy of the form contents in it's entirety including the text.
How do I do this?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on June 03, 2017 at 07:58 AM
Text Fields are not Input Fields - The purpose of this field is just to display additional info on your form and doesn't require any user interaction.
That's the main reason why you don't see these on the XLS or CSV exports and I'm afraid there's no way to include them there. For the PDF though, you may include the Text Fields and Headers by enabling it on your Submissions Page.
Complete guide: How-to-Show-Headers-and-Text-in-the-PDF
And if your aim is to print the form, regardless if it has the user's data in it or just the plain form, follow the related guides I'm linking below.
- yytheatreAnswered on June 03, 2017 at 08:04 AM
Thank you for the information.
The 'Show Headers and Texts' fields are perfect!
- LMCLARK01Answered on June 28, 2017 at 03:22 PM
I keep selecting "Show Headers and Fields" and deselecting "Auto Hide Empty Fields" -- and it promptly goes back to the default for no apparent reason.
Any ideas? Super frustrating.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on June 28, 2017 at 04:37 PM
@LMCLARK01 - To give way to the OP, we'll answer you on the separate thread you created here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1186400
- LMCLARK01Answered on June 28, 2017 at 04:44 PMUm I didn’t complete a separate thread. I commented more vaguely on an existing thread but certainly didn’t want the information I sent you to be public.