- ApartmentaliaAsked on February 25, 2018 at 07:38 AM
is there a widget that allows whoever fill in a form to save it to the computer, telephone, etc and also at the end it will send a copy of the form filled-in in the email specified?
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 08:07 AM
If you want to send your form respondents an email containing the data of their submission, then I suggest you create an email autoresponder in your form — Setting-up-an-Autoresponder-Email
And if you want your respondents to have an option to download a copy of their submission and save it to their computer, then you can enable the PDF Attachment option of the email autoresponder.
You may also find the guides below helpful:
I hope this helps. If you have other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again anytime.
- ApartmentaliaAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 08:41 AM
Thank you very much!
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 09:01 AM
You are most welcome! Feel free to contact us again anytime should you have other questions and we will be glad to help you.
- ApartmentaliaAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 01:29 PM
I tested my form and I see that on the iphone and ios computer it doesn't allow you to save the form even if I selected all the things you told me.
Also, when someone receives the copy of the form submitted it just gives the initials informations and not all the pages signes.
Here's what I mean:
Is it possible to see the part that they checked written in the email and inside the pdf?
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 02:44 PM
You have fields on your form that have empty/blank Question Text on them.
Those fields will appear without label in the Email and PDF report as well.
To correct the problem, try these steps.
1. Make sure all Question Text of the fields are not blank. They should have label/text on them.
2. Create a new Autoresponder Email to have an updated version of the Autoresponder.
3. In the Autoresponder, enable again the PDF attachment.
- ApartmentaliaAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 03:07 PM
Thanks I will try!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 25, 2018 at 03:24 PM
Don't hesitate to let us know if you are still not able to make it work.
- ApartmentaliaAnswered on February 26, 2018 at 09:37 AM
I still have problems about it.
I made what you recommended but the problem persists.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on February 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM
May we know what fields are missing in your email notifications and autoresponder?
I cloned your form and tested a submission at my end.
Here is a screen shot of the pdf/email notification I have received with the Signature.
- ApartmentaliaAnswered on February 26, 2018 at 01:52 PM
I would like to get the whole text not only - "Checked" I confirm etc.-
I would like that whoever submit the form has a copy of what they checked.
Also, I'm not able to get the button that says: save the form to your computer.
Thanks a lot.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on February 26, 2018 at 02:49 PM
If you want to include the Texts in your form to the PDF copy of submission your respondents will receive in their email when they have successfully submitted your form, you can check the "Show Headers and Texts" option from the submissions page settings — How-to-view-Submissions
Here's how the PDF copy of submission will look like after:
As for making the Texts on the form appear in the email autoresponder, it needs to be added manually to the Email Content — How-to-Edit-the-Email-Template-for-Notifications-and-Autoresponders
Your respondents can get the PDF copy of submission saved to their computer by downloading the PDF attachment from the email autoresponder that they will receive.
I hope this helps. If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- ApartmentaliaAnswered on February 26, 2018 at 03:43 PM
Thank you Mike.
It works and it's perfect! :-)