In some of your forms, for example, a contract, you may need to check if a user agrees with your licensing conditions. You can do this by adding a License Agreement checkbox. In Jotform, you can add a License Agreement by using the Terms & Condition widget.
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Elements button.
- Go to the Widget tab.
- Search for Terms & Conditions.
- Click or drag/drop it to your form.
- In the Widget Settings, you have to configure/add the following:
- Label Text. The text that is displayed next to the checkbox.
- Terms Link. The full link of your terms or license agreement.
- Theme. Select the default for white backgrounds and light for dark backgrounds.
- Accepted Text. The text that is displayed in the notification email, autoresponder email, and PDF document.
- Once done, click the Update Widget button at the bottom, and that’s it.
If you wish to display the full text of the license agreement in the form, you have to do it with the Short Scrollable Terms widget or the Paragraph element. We’ve outlined both methods from the following user guide, Creating a Scrollable Terms and Conditions.
This should be all you need to know to add a license agreement to your form. If you encounter any problems, please let us know below.