In this guide, you’ll learn how to manage submissions approvals.
You can approve or deny submissions using a hidden dropdown field. This is similar to an Admin Approval System. It’s very useful for a number of use cases, such as accepting or declining a user’s booking. It’s also useful for application forms; you can approve applications if users meet the requirements or reject them if they don’t.
- Add a Dropdown element to your form and add the approval options you want.
To hide the field, right-click it, then select Hide.
- Let’s assume you’ve already received the entry. To open your form submissions page:
- Go to your My Forms page.
- Select the form and click on the Submissions button above it to open Jotform Tables.
- In Jotform Tables, click the cell under the status column of the the entry where you’d like to update the status.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select an option you need.
If you’d like to notify users of the status of their submission, you can apply an email condition to your form.
How to Assign a Status to Submissions through the Old Submissions Page
On the old submissions page, select the entry from the grid of submissions, and then click the Edit button located at the top right corner of the window.
Select the status, and resubmit the form. Click the Cancel Edit button to cancel the edit.