Collecting video recordings can be essential for many businesses, they can be useful for job applications, screening, product reviews, and much more. The Ziggeo Video Recorder widget lets you collect video and screen recordings on your forms.
Ziggeo is a media services provider that makes it easy to collect video recordings with their mobile-friendly WebRTC recorder. You can sit back and relax while Ziggeo takes care of collecting, transcoding, and hosting the videos so they can be easily played from any device.
To add Ziggeo Video Recorder on your form you need to follow these steps:
- In the Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button on the left side of the page.
- Add the Ziggeo Video Recorder widget to your form from the Widgets tab.
- Add your Application Token on the widget settings. If you don’t have one yet you can get it by creating a Ziggeo Account.
- That’s it! Now you can gather videos on your form.
You can optionally fine-tune the recorder to suit your needs, with over 100 different customization parameters. The widget settings tab includes a link to the list of all available parameters.
Let’s say, for example, that you only want to collect screen recordings from users. You will need to set the “allowscreen” parameter to true, set “allowupload” to false, then “allowrecord” to false to disable video uploads and camera recording:
How to Watch the Recorded Videos
Now that you’ve collected a few videos we’ll teach you how to view them. All videos are hosted and transcoded by Ziggeo and can be accessed by its URL, which will be available on the form answer after the form is submitted. The URL includes the video token, a unique identifier for the video, and has the following format:
By default those videos are not available publicly, so to access them you need to enable this setting on your Ziggeo Dashboard. This is how you can do it:
- On your Ziggeo dashboard, click on Manage under your application and open the Iframe Embed tab.
- Enable the “Allow Iframe Embeds” option.
- And that’s it! Now you can see the video through its url.
Alternatively, you can access those videos directly on your Ziggeo Dashboard, by searching for the video token or any tags that were added to the recorder.
Super easy, right? Ziggeo is supposed to be really simple to use out of the box, yet full of potential for customization with over 100 different parameters. If you need any help with customization feel free to reach out to their support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Ziggeo forum at https://support.ziggeo.com/