- JewishChannelInstituteAsked on May 16, 2017 at 10:13 PM
- CharlieAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 02:48 AM
If you are using the default "File Upload" field, then the files are saved in our servers located in different data centers. Rest assure that these files are secured. Also, you can enable an option in your Account->Settings to make it more secure. Below is a screenshot to where to find that option:
You can view and download your submission data including file uploads on your submissions page, you can follow this guide for that: https://www.jotform.com/help/269-How-to-View-Form-Submissions.
If you want to have a copy of the submission and the file upload in your own cloud storage like Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.com or via FTP server, then you can follow the guides blow:
I hope that helps.
- JewishChannelInstituteAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 08:43 AMThanks for the response. But how can I fetch/download these files from your servers into my web site? Thanks.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 09:12 AM
You need to download the uploaded files and upload then to your your server. Please note that you do not have to manually download each files, you can download all the uploads together form your form's submission page. Please check the screenshot below:
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on May 17, 2017 at 09:24 AM
Additionally note, that once you download your existing files (that you must download manually for now)
Then you can setup the automatic FTP transfer to automatically transfer the files to a folder on your website (for submissions in the future)
You can follow this guide: