- NicklousAsked on November 30, 2017 at 11:39 AM
Last night I had someone who used our order form and completed an order by making payment and submitting the order.
I have two email addresses on file to receive said orders. Neither one of my email addresses received the order. Yes, I check my spam/junk folders EVERYTIME I check my email in boxes.
The only reason I became aware of this completed order form was due to the payment confirmation I receive from PayPal.
I view the order form coding this morning and every looks to be in order. I pushed a test email and it worked fine.
But how can I be assured this problem won't happen with the next attempted/completed order?
- MarvihAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 02:27 PM
Upon checking your email history I see that it was sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "email@example.com" but the email "firstname.lastname@example.org" was in our bounce list.
Here is the guide on how to check your email history https://www.jotform.com/help/293-How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History
And here is on how to remove or check your email if it is in the bounce list. https://www.jotform.com/help/262-How-to-Remove-Your-Email-Address-from-Bounce-List
Please check this guide if your email address keeps on being added in the bounce list https://www.jotform.com/help/208-How-to-Prevent-Email-Bouncing-Related-Issues
Are you able to receive the email notification on your "email@example.com" email ?
- NicklousAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 03:43 PMHello Marvih,
Thank you for you time to investigate my issue. From what you show, it would appear that the email was sent. But I’m confused regarding the bounced email address. Because while I was looking around the form and it’s coding, I found the element that lets me check for bounce email address and my address was not displayed as having bounced. In fact, the results were empty with the caption “there are no bounced emails”
So you are telling me one thing yet your form service coding is telling something completely opposite to your claims.
- NicklousAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 04:43 PMI shared this situation and your email with my tech people where my email servers and accounts are located and this is what they have to say, in short they support the contradiction I make mention of –
Oddly I see emails from the day before, and yesterday morning. Even from today. But there was only two emails yesterday and they were in the morning. I show no other emails hit our network from them in the evening yesterday. There was no spam filtering or blocking of any kind on our end. It appears the email was never sent.
- NicklousAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 05:43 PMOK Guys, this email is going to the following – Jotform Support / Website & Email servers support and Admin of BrewRunr.
I just received the same exact order, from the same person as last night which just came to me by PayPal email at 3:48pm CST and AGAIN, I did not receive the forms from Jotform.
What is going on and how in the hell do we get this fixed?
- MarvihAnswered on November 30, 2017 at 07:32 PM
I was referring to the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org" that is in our bounced list.
I can confirm "email@example.com" is not in the bounce list, which is why I asked if you were able to receive the notification from that email (sales@). And it seems not.
In your email notification, Please try using the SMTP as the Sender Email. Here is the guide on how to do it https://www.jotform.com/help/244-How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form
If you are not going to use the SMTP method and still prefer to use jotform's email as the sender, please ask your tech people to whitelist Jotform's IP addresses. You can give them this link that contains all of Jotform's IP https://www.jotform.com/help/145-Whitelisting-JotForm-IP-Addresses-and-Domains
We apologize for this inconvenience and we will ensure you that we will get this solved ASAP.
- NicklousAnswered on December 01, 2017 at 11:43 PMIt has been over 24 hours since my last inquiry to the problem that I am not receiving the Jotform emails after a customer completes an order. Fortunately, I receive transaction confirmations from PayPal, otherwise I would not be noticing my customers orders.
I’m awaiting feedback from someone please.
- MarvihAnswered on December 02, 2017 at 01:02 AM
Hi Mark, I have now removed your email address "firstname.lastname@example.org" from the bouncelist. Please do a submission test on your form and see if you are able to receive it now.
On my previous reply, I asked if you can tell your tech guy to whitelist Jotform's IP addresses.
Let us know if they are able to whitelist the IP addresses already.
- NicklousAnswered on December 02, 2017 at 11:43 AMthe email you reference regarding “white listing” was never received by me.
- MarvihAnswered on December 02, 2017 at 02:08 PM
Okay, are you able to confirm that you are now able to receive email notifications from jotform by doing some submission test on your form ?
You can do a submission test on your account without paying by turning ON the "Sandbox Mode" on your Paypal Integration.
You need to create a sandbox account from paypal first by clicking this link https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/ and then use the account you created in the "Paypal account" field.