Browse Article by Topicsrequired field conditions require
- Smart Forms Using Conditional Logic
- Adding a license agreement to a form
- Creating a scrollable Terms & Conditions
- How to Create a Basic Multiple Payment form
- Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once
- How New "Conditions For" and "Order by" boxes work in conditional logics
- How to Insert Text or Mathematical Calculation into a Field Using Conditional Logic
- How to Skip Pages Using Conditional Logic
- How to Set Content Mask on a Form Field Based on Another Field Input
- How to Make a Field Required Based on Another Field Selection or Input
Related Forum Questions
- How to change the required field arrow color on a form?
- Some fields are no longer showing after deleting other fields on the form
- My form will no longer submit.
- Form says that the payment field is required though everything is filled
- One of my forms is not working when submitted
- How hide/show fields in form by using conditions?
- I can't select the required checkbox
- How to make Required Fields not required
- Not all entered fields are transmitted when form is submitted
- Do you have a template that includes agreement of terms/payment options?
How to Make a Field Required Based on Another Field Selection or InputAdded: April 10, 2016
Sometimes, you will want to have your form "communicate" with your users as they fill out the form.
The reasons for that are many, and conditions are there to help you with each. Here you will see how you can manipulate the required field option through conditions so that the same are required only when actually needed.
Our demo form will be dance registration form.
Now based on our decision, the form registration is for one person, but it could be for two - partners.
This means that if someone is to register themselves only, they do not need to provide a full name for their partner, but if they are bringing their partner with them, we need to know at least their name.
So once we set up the form, we click on the Conditions button in the toolbar:
From there we select "ENABLE / REQUIRE FIELD"
Now, we make sure that if the partner is coming with the person that is doing the registration, we at least know their name.
And that is it :)
You can see the form here: https://form.jotform.com/61005114200936
Note: The hidden fields are custom styled to be visible so that you can see them "being shown" as well as being marked as required.
Have some questions or issues with your conditions? Just let us know in the comments bellow, or open your own thread by going here and we will be happy to assist :)