Square is an online payment gateway. You can accept credit and Visa debit card payments from your customers and process them entirely through Square. Payments can be immediate or authorized for later capture.
Connecting your form to your Square account allows customers to securely make online purchases or payments without leaving your form. Orders can also be easily tracked directly in your Square Dashboard.
Integrating your form with Square is relatively easy. Create a new or edit an existing form and follow the steps below.
- In Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button on the top-left side of the screen.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Click Square from the list. You can also drag/drop it to add.
- Select a Mode first in the Payment Settings panel on the right side of the screen. Test Mode is for testing in Sandbox, and Live Mode is for accepting live payments.
- Click the Connect button to connect your Square account. Once connected, the button will display as Connected.
- Set up the other options accordingly:
- Business Location — If your business has multiple locations and you have them added in Square, you can select one here. It’s where Jotform will send your form transactions.
- Currency — Currency is locked based on your currency settings with Square.
- Payment Type — With Square, you can sell products or subscriptions, collect donations or allow user-defined amounts.
- Payment Methods — Credit Card is the default, but you can accept payments using Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Cash App Pay.
Did you know?
You can open the Payment Settings by clicking the Wand icon on the right side of the Square gateway.
Under the Additional Gateway Settings, you’ll find several options, which include the following unique options for Square:
- Customer Email — Select the customer email address to which the form will be sent through Square. Useful if you have multiple email addresses in the form.
- Authorization Only — You can set up Square to authorize payments only and charge customers at a later date. Visit How to Enable Payment Authorization for more information.
- Order Fulfillment Type — Specify whether payments from your form are for Pickup or Shipment. Pickup is the default for the payments made through your Square form.
- Send Payment Receipt — Choose whether to send the Square-generated receipt to your customers.
- If you’ve selected Sell Products or Sell Subscriptions from the Payment Type, scroll down and click the Continue button to add your product or subscription items. If it’s the others, click the Save button to complete the integration.