Browse Article by Topicsspacing questions change space on questions vertical spacing vertical
- How Can I Change Spacing Between Questions?
- How to Reduce Vertical Spacing Between Fields
- How to Integrate Form with VerticalResponse
Related Forum Questions
- How to reduce spacing between text lines in Text field?
- How do I adjust vertical spacing in form headers?
- We have several questions about integration
- Vertical padding setting not adjusting form
- Not receiving email alerts from @verizon.net?
- How come you don't answer my emails or my questions?
- Why have not received any answers to my questions?
- Multiple Questions About The Silver Package
- Why I never get the answer from one of the mandatory questions on my form?
- How can I remove spacing in my JotForm auto emails?
How Can I Change Spacing Between Questions?Last Update: November 11, 2016
You wanted to change the vertical spacing between your questions, from this:
There are a couple of ways to do this. Here's the easy way to change the spacing between all of the fields:
1. Open your form to edit.
2. From the toolbar click the Design button to open the mini designer:
3. In the Design window, go to Styles tab then change the value of Question Spacing (e.g "3" for 3 pixels).
4. Click Save Changes button.
Still in the Design window, go to the Inject CSS tab and add the following custom CSS codes:
OR, follow this guide to inject the codes: How to Inject Custom CSS Code in your form
However, the first method cannot be used to change the spacing between specific questions. In such cases, it is recommended that Firebug is to be used to determine the ID and/or class selector(s) that would need to be targeted, as they vary from form to form.
You can also change the spacing between form fields through Advanced Designer. Just click the Design button in the form builder toolbar. Click the Advanced Designer button:
On the Designer page under Design tab, expand "Line Layout". There you will be able to increase or decrease line spacing and/or vertical padding.
Don't forget to save the changes you made by clicking the "Save" icon (You will know it is properly saved if the green check icon appears). After, that you can go back to the Builder page by clicking the "Back To Builder" icon. You may also preview your form through the Designer page, by clicking the "Preview Form" icon after saving the changes you made.
Questions? Please let us know below!