Ways to improve your workflow efficiency
The phrase “time is money” applies to businesses both large and small. When your team is on task, they’re consistently doing things that contribute to the bottom line. Optimizing your workflow efficiency is a great way to cut down on time-wasting tasks and increase productivity.
The basics of workflow efficiency
If you want to improve your workflow efficiency, you have to focus on streamlining your processes to increase the speed, accuracy, and quality of your results. When you eliminate redundancies that waste time and money, you free your team to focus on things that matter most — like innovation and strategy.
Ultimately, achieving optimal efficiency is about improving your processes to ensure your team gets things done correctly the first time. In addition to maximizing the value of time and money, efficiency helps decrease the risk of errors, decrease turnaround time, and boost your return on investment (ROI).
Common causes of workflow inefficiency
When one area of your organization is inefficient, it can have a domino effect on other departments and your overall outcomes. Workflow efficiency initiatives are essential to help you overcome these common issues:
- Unproductive tasks
- Irrelevant workflows
- Poor communication
- Disorganized employee management
- Outdated technology systems
Ways to improve your workflow efficiency
How can you make changes to improve the workflow in your organization? Here are a few tips to help with workflow efficiency.
Before you can implement effective changes, you need to know where you’re starting. Are your current procedures producing your desired results effectively? Ask for employee feedback, and look at daily activities to see what is and isn’t working.
You can then use these points to identify opportunities to improve workflow efficiency. What processes and ongoing tasks are slowing you down? These are the areas where you need to focus your efforts.
Once you have an understanding of current processes, it’s time to rank the highest priorities for your daily, weekly, and monthly workflow. Set up a schedule to track and manage necessary tasks. In addition to delegating assignments, make sure your new system also tracks ongoing progress and project completion.
The goal of workflow efficiency is to complete the work in the fewest steps possible. Figure out what works best for your team, then adjust the systems to match your needs. The best processes meet the following objectives:
- Minimize distractions
- Simplify information sharing
- Speed up workflows
- Include ongoing analysis for improvement
The next step is to focus on automation. Look for ways to cut manual busywork by automating functions throughout the workflow. Incorporating automation tools is worth the investment when they reduce the time your employees spend on redundant work.
Jotform is an ideal solution for workflow efficiency, with no-code technology solutions to optimize every department in your business.
You can’t expect a perfect workflow the first time around. Often, minor adjustments and tweaks are necessary to dial in the ideal system for your company.
Pay attention to how these new tools affect your team’s productivity. Then continue testing new solutions and analyzing the results. As you identify more inefficiencies, you can continually change processes to resolve common bottlenecks.
Using Jotform for workflow efficiency
Each Jotform tool is powerful on its own, but when you combine them, you can create a dynamic system that supports your business goals. An ideal workflow includes the following:
- Jotform form templates. Digital forms are ideal when you need to collect information. In addition to form templates, you can also choose from a variety of PDF templates. These forms and PDFs are fully customizable, giving you the option to communicate and collect information simultaneously.
- Jotform table templates. Next, manage data and workflows in one central location using table templates. These databases make it easy to monitor the status of projects at all times. Additionally, you can analyze the information to identify ways to adjust workflows going forward. Tables and reports provide valuable insights into your team’s workflow efficiency.
- Jotform approval templates. Finally, leverage the power of built-in approvals to ensure the team is sticking to the target timeline. Approval templates help automate any part of the workflow that requires an approval step.
When you’re ready to get started, pick a premade template and edit it to match your requirements. Or you always have the option to build a form, table, or approval flow from scratch. This system requires no coding experience or in-depth technical training, so you can quickly launch new workflow efficiency systems that your entire team can use.