Browse Article by Topicsminimum maximum checkbox option check box checkbox limit selections options
- Changing the File Upload Size Limit
- How to Export Form Data to Excel
- How to limit submissions in a form
- Create a Submission Limit Using JotForm with PHP and RSS Reports
- How to set Form Limits Based on a Unique Question
- How to Add Options to Payment Forms?
- How To Add Coupon Code in the Payment Form
- How to Set Up Minimum or Maximum Number of Selections on Checkbox Field
- What is Special Pricing?
- How to clear your form's expiration date
Related Forum Questions
- Hiding several subscription payment options.
- Submission limit of free forms
- Limiting dates based on a date enetered in another field
- Form view limits not actually lifted
- Radio/Checkbox options overlap in a line in mobile.
- 5 Form limit? Common!!!!
- How to a set a limit on the number of available products?
- Form Views Limiting
- I was only allowed to have 5 forms
How to Set Up Minimum or Maximum Number of Selections on Checkbox FieldLast Update: November 11, 2016
On this article, we'll guide you on how to require a Minimum and Maximum number of checkboxes within a group that can be checked. For example, you may have a list of 8 checkboxes, then you require the user to select a minimum of two (2) options but would like to prevent this user from selecting more than five (5).
1. First, you need to add a check box field. After that, click the gear icon as shown below:
2. A page will slide from the right side showing the properties for the check box field.
3. On that window/page, navigate to the "Surveying" tab, enable the "Entry Limits" option. You should be able to see two text boxes which would ask for an input for the minimum and maximum values.
When the user submit the form without selecting a minimum required options, this is the error they will see:
Otherwise, if they select more than allowed limit, they will see the error:
For questions, comments and suggestion, please kindly post it below!