Browse Article by Topicspayment multiple sub product sub-category sub-product sub category product
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Setting Up an Autoresponder Email
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- Order Form Basics
- Order Form Types
- PayPal Forms
- How to Post Submission Data to Thank You Page
- How to Set Unique Submissions on a Form
- Add a Date on Email Notification
Related Forum Questions
- Bounce List
- Please define Submission Storage capacity
- Do we need to switch to a paid plan to remove the ads after submission
- unable to create form in sub account
- how can i add a list of products (multiple choice), number of people, and total price (in just one field) to my boat trips form?
- How can I change the text 'Search in Submissions' in an iframe
- Google Sheets Integration stopped
- Can't receive on a specific email account (submissions autoresponders)
- Why can't I edit the format of a text box I manually add when trying to customize Submission PDF?
- Form stop sending submission emails
Create Sub-Products Based on a Product OptionLast Update: December 2, 2016
There are times when you offer a product with multiple variants and you want your customers to be able to choose many of them. Instead of creating a separate product entry for each variant, JotForm can automatically create sub-products for you by specifying which option to base them from.
Say, you are selling T-shirts, and you are offering them in Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow. By ticking this check box, the specified product option will be broken down into sub-products from which your customers can choose.
Here are the steps on how you can setup sub-products on your payment field.
1. First, I presume you are already familiar on how to setup a payment/order form? You can check this guide for the basics.
2. Now we can only create sub-products if the "Payment Type" option is set to "Sell Products".
3. In the payment wizard after adding a product, you need to first add a quantity.
4. Now select "Dropdown" or "Textbox" in the "Show Quantity on the Form as", then save the changes by clicking the "Save Quantity" button.
5. In the product details, you can see that you already have the quantity option there. Next is click the "Add Option" button.
6. Here you can define your sub-products. In this case, I want to have different color options for my t-shirt product. You'll need to enable the "Create Sub Products from Options". Then list them down in the "Options" table. Click the "Save Option" button to save the changes.
7. In the product details, you will now see two attributes on your product, a quantity and a custom option. Click the "Save Product" button to save the changes.
8. Here's an example form that has a sub-product option: https://form.jotform.com/63353988539978.
What if you want each variant to have a different price? Easy, by enabling the "Special Pricing Per Option", you will be able to specify a price for each particular variant. Here's a guide for that: What is Special Pricing?
Got any comments, feedback or suggestions? Head off to our support forum and post a thread with your message.