While the human resources (HR) team often works behind the scenes, their work is critical to your business’s overall success. Without effective tools, HR activities end up sliding down the priority list, often resulting in poor management and subpar results.
Is your business keeping up with day-to-day HR tasks, such as employee management, benefits administration, payroll processing, and more?
Investing in HR management tools is one of the best ways to create a strong foundation for your business. These tools not only support the HR team in their daily responsibilities, but they also help employees succeed at their work.
Choose the right tools to support your HR operations, and you’ll see a positive downstream effect on overall performance — even as your company continues to grow.
What are HR management tools?
HR processes need to comply with a number of industry regulations, and managing these processes manually can be time-consuming. That’s why there’s a wide range of technology applications to help with ongoing employee management.
HR management tools leverage technology to build automation into your processes. The goal is to reduce busywork and help your HR staff members save time and effort. With practical HR tools, you can reduce your spending and get better results.
What are the benefits of investing in HR tools?
Automation will transform your HR department and bring a variety of benefits to the organization. Here are a few notable benefits of investing in HR management tools:
- Accuracy. Using automation helps reduce the risk of human error in daily processes. With automation, an HR tool provides more data-tracking and employee-management options. While you can’t avoid all mistakes, good tools can reduce potential problems and reduce the time and money required to correct errors.
- Consistency. You need consistent HR processes to ensure your company treats all employees fairly and equally. As HR regulations become more complex, these systems are essential for businesses of all sizes.
- Saved time. Think about how much time the HR team spends on tasks that could be automated. HR management tools reduce the need for repetitive manual workflows.
- Efficiency. When you automate processes, HR employees have more time available each day, so they can focus on activities that add value to the organization, like improving relationships with employees and providing training, which can help improve employee satisfaction. Improved efficiency also has an impact on the bottom line.
- Cost. As HR management tools reduce employee hours on busywork, you’ll likely notice the savings adding up over time, making the cost of implementing the automation tools well worth the investment.
5 HR tools for businesses
Now that you understand the benefits of tools and systems for HR management, how do you choose the right one for your business? Here’s a list of recommended HR tools:
The no-code forms and templates from Jotform are flexible, so they can accommodate all HR processes. Jotform is a highly customizable tool for HR management, and it integrates with many other software applications. Choose from premade HR templates, set up approval workflows, and even create an app to establish the optimal workflow for your team.
This HR cloud tool has pre-designed modules to cover everything from applicant tracking to employee reviews and offboarding. Managers like the data-driven approach for evaluating performance and integration options for compatibility with other tools.
3. iCIMS Talent Cloud
This program offers much more than just help with talent acquisition. HR modules support every stage of the employment process, from hiring and onboarding to training, performance reviews, and more.
If you’re looking for all the features in a full human resources management system (HRMS) without the expensive price tag, then BambooHR is a great option. This tool covers all of the necessary HR functions, with easy-to-implement workflows for both managers and employees.
5. Zoho People
While this HR management tool is designed with small to medium-sized businesses in mind, it also offers robust features that are useful for enterprise-level companies. It provides a variety of automation tools for building basic workflows.
Jotform HR solutions for growing businesses
If you want to customize HR systems and workflows to suit your needs, Jotform is a great solution. Here’s a list of some of the many HR management templates your team can use:
- Human resources templates
- Job application forms
- Employee information request forms
- Leave of absence forms
- Time-off request forms
- Employee evaluation forms
- Human resources surveys
- Exit interview templates
Not only are a variety of templates and forms available for HR teams, but these template submissions feed into the HR table templates of your choice — allowing you to track and manage information in one place.
Building an HR management system doesn’t have to be complicated. You just need the right HR management tools to streamline your processes and optimize workflows. Jotform offers productivity and efficiency to improve your business systems.