Top 6 employee management software solutions
Employee management software gives businesses a comprehensive system for managing employee data and performance. By automating routine processes like time-tracking, payroll, and new-hire onboarding, these tools make it easy to keep employees on task and motivated to enhance their skills and meet deadlines.
“This technology allows workers to operate more freely, rather than being micromanaged by a supervisor or someone from human resources,” says David Farkas, CEO of the link-building company The Upper Ranks. “Employee management software is a sophisticated and intelligent working system that’s critical to human resources and other operational areas.”
Features to look for in employee management software
Farkas calls out several key features that employee management software should have:
- Self-service capabilities help cut down on the need for staff to perform mundane operational tasks, like request time off.
- Applicant tracking and onboarding enable organizations to recruit and hire new talent and get them up to speed.
- Time and attendance tools enable proper payroll reporting.
- Schedule viewing and time-off request capabilities gives managers and HR personnel a break from time-consuming manual processes and gives employees more control over their schedules, helping reduce tardiness and absenteeism.
- Database management lets you store, organize, and retrieve personnel information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, skills, qualifications, training completion, etc.
- Security measures ensure appropriate safeguards for employee data.
6 employee management software solutions
These six software tools can help you manage just about every aspect of the employee experience, from time-tracking and onboarding to workflow management and performance evaluations.
Jotform is a powerful form builder, data organizer, and workflow enabler. Through its forms and tables, organizations can automate various workflows related to employee management. Here are a few examples of form templates for employee management:
- The task tracker spreadsheet is designed to help track progress on important tasks. Use it to ensure employees complete their tasks on time.
- You can use the employee timesheet template to track the amount of time your employees work and to ensure your payroll is accurate.
- Whether it’s for vacation, illness, or bereavement, you can use this leave request tracker spreadsheet to keep track of all your employees’ leave requests.
- When it’s time for an employee’s annual or biannual review, pull up this employee performance evaluation form to conduct and log their review.
- You can use this employee onboarding template for new employees so they have a list of tasks to accomplish, team members to connect with, and links to review to get up to speed.
Templates like these give you a head start on creating the tools you need. Keep in mind that you can also customize any form or table in Jotform to your specifications or build your own from scratch.
Zenefits, a cloud-based solution provider, helps you manage HR activities. While this personnel management software covers recruiting and secure employee data storage, it mainly focuses on payroll and benefits.
“With Zenefits, you may select everything from standard healthcare to commuter incentives,” says Farkas. “Employees pick their own plans, and deductions are made automatically. The HR system can manage time-monitoring and wage modifications.”
3. Zoho People
Zoho People is a cloud-based personnel management system. Farkas says you can manage employees’ personal information, timesheets, and performance with this single application.
“There are various templates you can easily modify to meet your needs,” he says. “Overall, Zoho People is a decent, simple staff management tool for smaller organizations.”
Bullhorn is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform designed for recruiting in larger organizations and staffing agencies. Farkas says the system features a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to use and customize.
“Smaller organizations can make use of this solution too, but they may find the price tag out of budget,” he says. “Still, if you have the funds, this is a great alternative for managing your staff recruiting process.”
5. Ascender HCM
Ascender HCM (formerly PeopleStreme) is performance management software that enables you to track employee progress, create goals, and align employees with your strategic plan. You can easily schedule 1:1 performance check-ins and record notes and scores to keep employees engaged and on track with their goals.
“[Ascender] scored highly in the UX category due to its attractive, contemporary, and straightforward UI,” says Farkas. “Colors, maps, and app design are all appealing and will look good on any device.”
6. Employee Navigator
Employee Navigator is a payroll, onboarding, benefits, and time-tracking software with a strong focus on data security. Employees can take advantage of self-service options to update personal information, request time off, and select benefits.
“Employee Navigator is ideal for medium-sized enterprises,” says Farkas. “Also, this employee management software can interface with hundreds of solutions, but you’ll need to look carefully at their integration page to discover the right one.”
Whatever your personnel management needs, consider these employee management software options to address them. Check out each product in more detail to see which is the best fit for your small business.
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio
Thank you for helping improve the Jotform Blog. 🎉