Browse Article by Topicsemail notification autoresponder email email alerts
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Setting Up an Autoresponder Email
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Find and Change the Email Address Used for Notification Email?
- How to Strip Headers from Postal Addresses in Email Alerts
- How to Create a Custom Send a Friend Form
- Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
- Adding an Email Confirmation Field
Related Forum Questions
- I can't add an additional email notification recipient?
- Can I resend emails to people who have submitted a form?
- Could someone please reach out to me?
- Email is on your bounce list but I can't remove it
- I am getting a notice my email is bouncing. Can you recheck it?
- I can't get the Jotform to send out emails to a preferred address?
- Data missing in submission report
- My jotforms are not going to my email
- I received email notices that we have used up all our views (over 1,000) for the month.
- How to send bulk emails in daily basis?
Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder SettingsLast Update: March 1, 2017
JotForm has two email alerts that you can setup. We have the "Notification Email" and the "Autoresponder Email".
When you receive a notification email, you can reply and make sure it's received by the person who submitted your form. It's the same if your customer receives an auto-response email from your form which he/she can reply to your email.
How to access your Notification/Autoresponder Email?
1. To access the email wizard:
Click Settings->Emails and choose the email alert you want to setup.
Click on the "Emails" button.
2. Here you can see your existing email alerts. You can edit/delete them, you can see those options when you hover your mouse on them.
3. To create a new email alert:
Click the "+" button.
Click the "Create New Email" button.
How to use Notification/Autoresponder Email? (V4 and V3 has the same functionality)
A. If you want to send a notification email. You can simply follow this guide: Setting Up Email Notifications
The notification email has 3 main tabs:
Here you can change the email subject line and the body of the email template.
Sender Name: The Name of your submitter. Jotform is the default sender name, but you can select the "Name" field of your form or any field you want from the dropdown selection.
Reply-To Email: Should be the person's email who fills out your form. It is attached to your email field from your form.
Recipient E-mail: Should be the email for you, your colleagues, or clients who'll get the response data from your form.
Attach PDF: Check this option if you want to receive the PDF copy of the submission as an attachment to your form email. But note that this is only possible when email@example.com is selected as your sender email.
Sender Email: We have the firstname.lastname@example.org as the Sender Email. If you want to use the Email Field or Custom Address provided by your submitter as the Sender Email, you can do so but you'll have to setup SMTP through Mandrill. Here's how: Set Email Field as the Notification Sender Email Address with Mandrill.
B. If you want to send an autoresponder email. You can follow this guide: Creating a Form Autoresponder Email
Here, the same with the notification email, we have 3 main tabs:
Here you are allowed to change the email subject line and format your email body as you like.
Sender Name: This should be your name or your company's name.
Reply-To Email: Should be you, your colleagues, or clients email address. This is the address where the reply of the user will be sent in case he/she replies to the autoresponder email that he/she receives.
Recipient E-mail: Should be the person's email who fills out your form. It is attached to your email field from your form.
Send on editing submission: Should be selected if you want to resend the autoresponder email to the user after they edit their submission (assuming that you give them the option to do so).
Sender Email: We have the email@example.com as the default email address. You can, however, change this by adding your own Email Address. Here's how: How to Add a Custom Sender Address to an Email Alert.
Do you have any further questions? Please let us know below!