Once you’ve created an approval workflow, the Status column will automatically be added to your submission table. This column won’t be visible on the form itself, only in the table.
To access your form’s submission table:
- Go to the My Forms page and select the form with the submissions you want to view.
- Click the Submissions button in the top toolbar.
- You’ll be redirected to Jotform Tables, where the submissions are listed. There, you can trace your submissions in the Approval Status column.
The form owner and people with access to the submissions table can see the status of submissions (such as Approved, Denied, or In Progress).
You can view a specific submission to see more information about the status of the approval.
If an approver is taking too long to process a request, you can take over or reassign the task to someone else. Click on the three dots (⋮) icon in the right bottom corner of the submission view, then select Take Over and ApproveDeny the request on behalf of the approver or click Reassign to assign it to someone else to Approve or Deny.
Approval process tracking via Jotform Tables also allows you to filter submissions depending on their status:
- Click on Filter to open the sorting menu.
- To filter submissions depending on their status, select the Approval Status column and set the parameters you need below.
To learn more about other filters and sorting options, refer to this guide.
How To Start the Approval Process Manually
When you add a new submission manually from Jotform Tables, the approval process for it won’t be started by default.
You can trigger it manually:
- Open the new submission.
- Click the Start Approval Flow button.