Once you’ve created an approval workflow, the Approval Status column will automatically be added to your form’s table. This column won’t be visible on the form itself. You can track your approvals and related submission data in Jotform Tables.
To view your form submissions’ approval status
- Go to My Forms and choose your form.
- Select Submissions at the top to open Jotform Tables.
- In Tables, look for the Approval Status column.
How to Take Over or Reassign Approvals
As the form owner, you can take over or reassign a task to someone else if an approver takes too long to process a request.
To reassign a task
- In Jotform Tables, hover over an entry, then select View.
- In the right pane, select the three-dot icon in the lower-right corner.
- Choose Take Over or Reassign from the menu.
How to Filter Entries by Approval Status
Jotform Tables allows you to search and filter submissions. To filter submissions based on status
- In Jotform Tables, select Filter next to the search bar in the upper-left corner.
- In the Advanced Search/Filter dialog, select Approval Status.
- Set your filter’s parameters, then select Apply Filter.
To learn more about other filters and sorting options, see How to Filter Entries in Jotform Tables.
How to Start the Approval Process Manually
If you have existing submissions before creating the approval flow or when you manually add a new record in Jotform Tables, the approval process for those entries won’t start.
To manually start the approval process
- In Jotform Tables, hover over an entry with an empty approval status, then select View.
- In the right pane, select Start Approval Flow in the lower-right corner.