Browse Article by Topicssubmission limit expiration date limit submissions
Related Forum Questions
- show a message instead of the form when people click on the link
- Error: Form not available
- Is it possible to create a submission limit in a form?
- Form Expiration Date - Time Function Not Working
- how can I restrict to one submission only
- When is the reset date for submissions?
- How can I limit submissions to 1 per IP address for the month?
- Account Over Quota Disabled?
- "Sorry! Only one entry is allowed" issue!!
- How to remove submission limit? Getting an error
How to Limit Submissions in a FormLast Update: October 23, 2014
A limit can be placed on the number of submissions a form receives. An expiration date can also be set for the form.
Load the form into the form builder and take the following steps:
1. While on the Setup and & Embed tab, click Preferences
2. In the Preferences window click the Form Limits tab
3. On this tab you can limit the number of submissions and/or set an expiration date:
The form whose Preferences window is illustrated above, was set to be disabled either upon receiving five (5) submissions or at 1:00 AM on September 7, 2012, whichever came first.
Please note the following:
-The digit "5" (not the word "five") was entered for the submission limit
-The date format is YYYY-MM-DD. Therefore, the date above is September 7, 2012 (not July 9, 2012)
-The time was entered in the 24 hour format (no "AM" or "PM" included)
-The time is US Eastern Standard Time (server time, not your computer time)
-Time must be entered at least 5 hours before the expiration time (if the expiration time is 17:00 the expiration time must be entered maximum at 12h).
The instant a form reaches its submission limit and/or expiration date it will become disabled. So, in the example above, the form became disabled either upon receiving five (5) submissions or at 1:00 AM on September 7, 2012 (not July 9, 2012) whichever came first.
To re-enable a form that was disabled due to a submission limit and/or expiration date having been set, do the following:
Submission Limit: 5
Expiration Date: (None set)
Example 1: You would like to allow 10 more submissions. Increase the submission limit to 15 (5 current submissions + 10)
Example 2: You would like to remove the submission limit altogether. Remove whatever number is in the Submission Limit box
Submission Limit: (None set)
Expiration date: 2012-9-7 1:00
Example 1: You would like to change the expiration date to 3:30 PM on March 21, 2013. Enter 2013-3-21 15:30in the Expire Date box (Omitting the time will disable the form as soon as the date entered is reached).
Example 2: You would like there to be no expiration date. Remove whatever date is in the Expire Date box
Submission Limit: 5
Expiration Date: 2012-9-7 1:00
Use the examples in the previous scenarios as a guide, according to the change you wish to make.
Questions? Please let us know below!