We recently needed a way to send an email to people who signed up for the form design contest. One of our developers quickly developed a cool app on top of the JotForm API. Today, we are excited to release this app to JotForm users.
Yesterday, we used the new app for the first time to send an email to 2400 signups for the design contest. It was a breeze.
Here is a quick walkthrough:
1. Connect with your JotForm Account
2. Select one of your forms.
3. Select an email field in your form.
4. Enter email details and run a test email.
The email can be HTML or plain text. If you choose HTML, simply create it as a web page and then include its URL. Here is an example
. We sent that email yesterday to contest signups.
5. Next, you must enter your SMTP details. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to monitor for spammers at this point, so we can only send emails via your own SMTP. If you don’t have an SMTP account, check out Mandrill
. They allow up to 12K/month for free and it is pretty cheap if you need to send more emails.
6. The final screen will show you a list of all email addresses you have on the form your selected. Click on the “Send” button to complete the task.
P.S. As of 2019, email newsletter app is defunct. However, you can benefit from many other integrations with email services.
This article is originally published on Dec 02, 2014, and updated on Feb 25, 2020