PayFast is a leading online payment processing solution for individuals, NPOs, and businesses in South Africa. They offer easy, secure, instant money transfers to online merchants and their customers.
Jotform now integrates with PayFast. With multiple payment methods, PayFast will enable you to get paid instantly via your Jotform form.
Adding and Setting up PayFast in the Form
Here are the steps to add and set up PayFast in your form:
- In Form Builder, click the Add Form Element button on the left side of the screen.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Search for PayFast and click it to add. You can also drag and drop it into your form.
- In the Payment Settings, provide and set up the following options:
- Merchant ID
- Merchant Key — You can find the Merchant ID and Key through the Personal Information section of your PayFast account. Visit PayFast – Merchant ID and Key for the steps.
- Passphrase — You have to enable this through your PayFast account. Visit PayFast – Enable Passphrase for the steps.
- Currency — Payfast Integration supports ZAR (South African Rand) only.
- Payment Type — With PayFast, you can choose to Sell Products, Sell Subscriptions, collect Donations, or allow user-defined amounts.
Did you know?
You can open the Payment Settings by clicking the Wand icon on the right side of the PayFast gateway.
Under Additional Gateway Settings, you can set up a few additional options, including the following that are unique to PayFast:
- Customer Name Field
- Customer Email Field
- Customer Phone
- Use Field as Billing Address
- Custom Data Field — This one is useful if you’re collecting unique information from your customer. You can only select a Short Text Entry element for this option.
If you have multiple names, emails, phone, and address fields in the form, we recommend selecting which fields PayFast will record for each transaction.
- If you’ve chosen to Sell Products or Subscriptions, click the Continue button to add them in the next window. Otherwise, click the Save button to complete the integration.
- Setting Up Your First Order Form
- How to Set Up a Recurring Payment Option
- How to Add Options to Payment Forms
- How to Add a Coupon Code to Payment Forms
- How to Add Tax to Your Payment Form
- How to Add Shipping Costs to Payment Forms
- How to Generate an Invoice for Your Payment Form
Making Payment with PayFast
PayFast integration is an off-form payment, which means users are redirected to the PayFast payment page to complete transactions. Here’s a sample payment screen when making a payment for a subscription item:
As mentioned above, PayFast supports multiple payment methods. Customers can pay via Visa and Mastercard credit and cheque cards, Instant EFT, Masterpass, Mobicred, SCode, Zapper, SnapScan, and debit cards.
To enable the above Payment Methods, go to your Payment Settings in PayFast, as explained in the following guide.
You can test PayFast by toggling the Sandbox Mode under the Additional Gateway Settings to Yes. When you enable the Sandbox Mode, you must also use your Sandbox account and credentials from PayFast. To learn more about Sandbox, visit PayFast – Sandbox Mode.