10 alternatives to NetSuite
In today’s rapidly evolving business landscape, staying agile is no longer just a strategy — it’s a necessity. Enter NetSuite, a behemoth in the world of business software offering a comprehensive solution that integrates everything from enterprise resource planning (ERP) to e-commerce.
While NetSuite brings a robust array of features, including tools for customer relationship management (CRM), financial management, and even HR, it may not be the right fit for everyone. Perhaps you’re looking for a different user experience or a more niche solution tailored to your industry. Regardless of your reason, venturing beyond the NetSuite ecosystem can be both enlightening and rewarding.
NetSuite can help nonprofits streamline their operations and enhance their overall efficiency. Nonprofit organizations can use NetSuite’s cloud-based applications to manage finances and donations, as well as grant funding more effectively. NetSuite’s powerful business applications, automated accounting processes, and compliance with regulatory requirements can handle nonprofits’ entire end-to-end operations.
Surveying NetSuite’s helpful functions
Before we delve into the top 10 alternatives, let’s take a moment to appreciate some of the functions that NetSuite brings to the table and what they can do for you:
- ERP: Centralize and streamline your business operations, integrating various functions into one unified system.
- CRM: Manage your customer data, sales leads, and interactions, creating lasting relationships and driving sales.
- E-commerce: Seamlessly integrate your online sales, from storefront to fulfillment.
- Financial management and accounting: Keep your finances in check with comprehensive tools for budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Inventory and order management: Control inventory levels, manage orders, and ensure timely deliveries.
- HR and payroll services (through SuitePeople): Automate HR processes, manage employee data, and handle payroll efficiently.
- Reporting and business intelligence: Make data-driven decisions with intuitive analytics and reporting tools.
- Project management: Oversee tasks, allocate resources, and ensure timely completion of projects.
NetSuite’s functionality covers a wide range of jobs. But every business is unique, and it might not tick every box on your list or be specialized enough for your industry. So, without further ado, let’s explore the top 10 NetSuite alternatives. You may find that one is the missing piece in your business’s tech stack.
Exploring the best NetSuite alternatives
Although primarily recognized for its CRM prowess, Salesforce has diversified its offerings over the years. While NetSuite mainly focuses on providing a comprehensive array of enterprise solutions, Salesforce has expanded beyond its CRM roots to deliver a platform that supports a wide range of business needs. For example, the AppExchange ecosystem and Einstein AI allow users to extend core functionality and get better use out of their data.
- Customization and scalability
- Extensive ecosystem of apps
- Advanced AI capabilities with Einstein
SAP stands out for companies that need deep customization, industry-specific functionalities, and a robust platform to handle vast and complex global operations. With SAP, customers can harness in-depth analytics, manage end-to-end business operations, and even delve into sustainable business practices.
- Industry-leading ERP capabilities
- Deep integration across business processes
- Global reach and localization for diverse markets
Odoo distinguishes itself through its open source model and modular architecture. Its modular design allows customers to pick and choose specific apps tailored to their business needs. Also, the open source model lets businesses deploy a community version of Odoo that comes without licensing fees — providing significant cost savings for startups and small to medium-sized businesses.
- Highly customizable, modular design
- Cost-effective with open-source scalability
- Comprehensive suite with frequent updates and community-driven enhancements
4. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a holistic enterprise solution that offers businesses a versatile platform for managing finance, operations, sales, and customer service. Its main appeal comes from its extensive integration with Microsoft products, allowing users to merge functionalities from Office 365 for tasks such as document management, collaboration, and communication.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central advantages
- Deep integration with Microsoft’s ecosystem
- Versatile customization and scalability options
- Advanced AI-driven insights and automation
5. Sage Intacct
Sage Intacct is a powerful alternative for businesses that focuses on financial management. As a cloud-based financial management software, Sage has a suite of tools to handle tasks that range from core accounting and cash management to more complex jobs like subscription billing and financial forecasting.
Sage Intacct advantages
- Ample financial insights with multi-dimensional data analysis
- Seamless integrations with popular business solutions
- Recommended by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Acumatica’s ERP solution offers a comprehensive approach to business management while keeping licensing customer-friendly. Its design emphasizes mobility, allowing businesses to access their ERP data and functionalities from anywhere, on any device. Additionally, it provides industry-specific editions, ensuring that companies in many fields have tools tailored to their unique needs, including manufacturing, distribution, and retail.
- Cloud solution with flexible licensing
- Comprehensive integration with other business applications
- Unlimited-user pricing, encouraging company-wide adoption
7. Certinia ERP Cloud
Certinia ERP Cloud focuses on businesses that sell services. Its goal is to help its clients connect their business functions — such as sales, delivery, automation, and customer experience —giving employees a holistic view of customers, regardless of their department. Certinia is native to Salesforce, which facilitates collaboration and data-sharing across platforms.
Certinia ERP Cloud advantages
- Native Salesforce application
- Customer-centric approach to business management
- Extensive automation and optimization features
TallyPrime is a robust business management software that has carved out a niche for itself by catering to the unique demands of small businesses. Its specialty is simplifying complex business tasks, like managing region-specific tax structures. In addition to crunching numbers, the software is adept at understanding intricate tax regulations, ensuring businesses always stay compliant.
- Focus on regional tax and compliance needs
- Intuitive user interface with centralized business insights
- Reliable offline capabilities for uninterrupted work
Brightpearl is a retail-centric ERP solution tailored for omnichannel businesses, bridging the physical and online retail worlds. Its adaptive nature provides retailers with tools that go beyond traditional ERP functionalities. For example, it helps retailers automate core operations, including order management and warehouse processes —reducing the number of manual tasks and speeding up order-to-cash cycles.
- Focus on retailers’ omnichannel needs
- Rapid implementation
- Robust ecosystem of integrations tailored for commerce
Epicor is an ERP alternative that focuses on industries such as manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services. Its strength lies in providing industry-specific solutions, ensuring businesses harness tools that are finely tuned to their unique operational demands —i.e., managing intricate manufacturing processes and nuanced distribution logistics.
- Built for industry-specific manufacturing needs
- Supports expansive global operations
- Cloud-first approach ensures scalability and accessibility
A powerful and adaptable alternative
While NetSuite alternatives cater to businesses with complex operational demands, there are many businesses that don’t require such an extensive platform. Jotform is a versatile online form builder that’s adaptable to diverse organizational needs. Whether a business needs contact forms, surveys, or a registration process, Jotform empowers it to craft custom forms without coding. Its user-centric design facilitates data collection and management.
So, if the comprehensive features of NetSuite seem overwhelming, Jotform offers a streamlined yet efficient alternative.
- Drag-and-drop builder that makes for intuitive and hassle-free form creation
- 100-plus integrations, from payment platforms to collaboration tools
- Ability to set up payments instantly with no additional transaction fees from Jotform
- More than 10,000 form templates to get you started
- Offline data collection to ensure on-the-go access
- Ability to easily share and embed forms with a few clicks
- Jotform Tables and Report Builder to streamline data management and analytics
Whether you need a simple form that updates your database automatically or a fully functional application, Jotform has tools to help you get up and running quickly. Try Jotform for free today.
Thank you for helping improve the Jotform Blog. 🎉