Salesforce is the global leader in CRM software, and its survey solutions and integrations have exploded in popularity as more organizations look for tools to gather data that flows directly into the platform.
But given the abundance of options, how do you select the right Salesforce survey tool for your specific needs and budget? And when it comes to Salesforce Surveys pricing and features, how does its native Salesforce Feedback Management tool compare to alternatives?
The background on Salesforce
Salesforce is a powerful, cloud-based CRM platform that helps businesses manage customer relationships from end to end. Its ecosystem of add-on tools and third-party integrations allows users to customize the software for marketing automation, e-commerce, surveys, and more.
The benefits of conducting surveys on Salesforce
One important part of the customer relationship life cycle is gathering feedback through questionnaires and surveys. Armed with input directly from their customers, companies can improve products, services, and experiences, ultimately rising above their competitors.
Using Salesforce’s native survey tools means you can connect the surveys with existing customer data in the platform. This allows you to segment and target surveys to specific groups of customers, as well as automatically sync the data to each customer record for easy analysis and historical tracking.
Salesforce’s survey tool: Salesforce Feedback Management
Salesforce Feedback Management, Salesforce’s native contextual survey tool, powers deep customer relationships through advanced capabilities, such as
- Unified data: Map survey responses back to any Salesforce object for a complete customer view.
- Automated issue resolution: Trigger follow-ups to appropriate teams based on survey responses.
- Personalized experiences: Merge Salesforce data into survey questions for tailored interactions.
- Life cycle tracking: Monitor CSAT and NPS® across customer journeys with customized maps.
- Omnichannel delivery: Reach customers on their preferred channels by surveying them instantly after email, SMS, chat, social media, web, and app interactions.
Salesforce Surveys pricing
Given its powerful features, Salesforce Feedback Management doesn’t come cheap:
- The Survey Response Pack is $300 and provides 1,000 survey responses so you can start deepening relationships with contextual feedback.
- The Feedback Management Starter plan is $12,000 per month. It lets you improve customer experiences with unified feedback.
- The Feedback Management Growth plan is $42,000 per month. It allows you to automate and analyze feedback at every stage of the customer journey.
With costs scaling into the tens of thousands of dollars per month for enterprise implementations, it will likely come as no surprise that price is one of the main drawbacks of Salesforce’s native tools.
3 alternatives to Salesforce
Looking for alternatives to Salesforce Feedback Management with comparable features, support, and performance? Here are some third-party survey solutions at lower price points that still integrate with Salesforce.
- Simple and fast form creation with a drag-and-drop builder
- Conditional logic, calculations, and other advanced survey features
- Custom styling and branding options
- HIPAA and GDPR features for secure surveys
- Powerful collaboration features
As the only survey provider on this list offering a free Starter plan, Jotform doesn’t require additional add-ons to integrate with Salesforce.
Beyond the Salesforce integration, the free Starter plan allows you to access all of Jotform’s features — you only have to upgrade to a paid plan when you need more forms, submissions, or storage. Paid plans start at $34 per month for 25 forms and up to 1,000 monthly submissions.
Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo)
Alchemer is a versatile survey solution that offers robust features for data collection and analysis.
- Advanced survey logic and branching
- Real-time analytics
- Multi-channel distribution
- Integration and synchronization with Salesforce (add-on required)
Plans start at $55 per month, per user for individuals and $165 per month, per user for the Professional plan designed for teams of one to three people.
Sogolytics (formerly SoGoSurvey)
Sogolytics is enterprise-grade survey software that focuses on providing actionable insights through various types of surveys, quizzes, and polls.
- Easy and customizable survey building
- AI for question creation and editing
- Actionable analytics to convert leads and optimize surveys
Pricing starts at $25 per month for the Plus plan —however, this doesn’t include the integration with Salesforce. Those who need this feature and additional advanced APIs will need to request a quote for the Enterprise Feedback plan.
Jotform: The top alternative to Salesforce Feedback Management
While Salesforce provides its own in-house survey capabilities, there are more flexible and cost-effective solutions available.
For advanced surveys that integrate seamlessly with Salesforce, Jotform is a top choice. Its suite of features comes at a fraction of the cost of Salesforce’s tools, making it accessible even for small teams. You can then use Jotform to easily scale up your surveying capabilities as your needs grow.
Net Promoter®, NPS®, NPS Prism®, and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., NICE Systems, Inc., and Fred Reichheld. Net Promoter ScoreSM and Net Promoter SystemSM are service marks of Bain & Company, Inc., NICE Systems, Inc., and Fred Reichheld.
Photo by Mikhail Nilov