Ever since COVID-19 shut down the country in the spring of 2020, people haven’t been attending many events. With experts warning that big events could spread the virus, most governments have suspended large-scale functions. However, there’s one type of event that can actually prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Vaccine events have quickly become a major way to help vaccinate large populations of people. By hosting a vaccination event, you can make it easier to distribute vaccines and protect others from COVID-19. In this article, we’ll examine why vaccine events are so effective and how you can hold one of your own.
Vaccine events make it easier for everyone to get vaccinated
One of the biggest problems with distributing vaccines is the bottlenecks that occur. Because the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines must be stored at extremely cold temperatures, getting them where they need to go is difficult. Even vaccines that don’t require such cold temperatures, like Johnson & Johnson’s, are difficult to ship to multiple locations because of backups at the post office and other shipping providers.
In addition, just trying to figure out where to get vaccinated can be really confusing. By hosting a vaccine event, you can streamline the vaccination process for everyone involved.
Creating a vaccination event allows states to send a large number of vaccines to one spot, making it easier to deliver doses and less likely that the site will run out of vaccines. These events also help speed up the vaccination process by vaccinating large segments of the population at once.
You can market your vaccination event by creating an invitation and signup form online (here’s an example) and then advertising it to the public. Using online forms will help simplify your vaccination process. For instance, Jotform offers templates that can collect demographic and intake information, classify people according to their vaccination eligibility, and schedule appointments, all in a single form.
Using an online form for your vaccination event can encourage more people to get the vaccine because signup is so easy. Taking the guesswork out of the process will help lower the barriers that keep individuals from getting the vaccine. Streamlining your vaccine distribution is an important way to increase your community vaccination rate.
With communities using mass vaccination events so widely across the United States, you may be wondering how to host a vaccine event for your community. Let’s see how you can plan a vaccine event.
How to coordinate your own vaccine event
Large vaccine events can be complicated to set up. Thankfully, there are some simple steps you can take to get started. Here are the major things you need to remember when planning a vaccine event:
- Figure out who you’re vaccinating. You need to know whether your state is focusing on people in a specific category or if the event can be open to everyone.
- Ensure you’ve got the right staff. Not only do you need to have enough staff, but these staff members must have the proper credentials to give vaccines.
- Organize the vaccination site with safety in mind. Make sure there’s enough space for patients and employees to maintain social distance. You can organize your site so that people flow in one direction through the event. Make sure you have a large supply of hand sanitizer and PPE for your staff.
- Get enough vaccine storage equipment. Depending on what type of vaccine you can obtain, you may need special refrigeration equipment.
- Streamline the appointment-making process. Using a form builder like Jotform can help you create user-friendly appointment forms. Plus, these forms are HIPAA compliant to help protect people’s personal information. If you violate HIPAA by using unsecured forms, you could face hefty fines and bad publicity. By choosing HIPAA-compliant forms, you can prevent serious legal problems from impacting your event.
- Check the CDC’s website for updated information. The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers up-to-date guidance on large-scale vaccination sites. The site offers information on both setting up the vaccine event and cataloging the results afterward.
By planning your vaccination event, you can protect your staff and patients while also providing a needed service. Large vaccine events may seem intimidating to hold, but if you carefully map out your event, you can be sure that it will help the entire community.
Bring your community together safely
Most events haven’t been safe enough for people to attend, but that’s not the case with vaccination events. Hosting an event like this can help you make your vaccine distribution more efficient and keep your community safe.
At Jotform, we offer the form-building tools and knowledge you need to help set up your vaccine event. With our HIPAA-compliant online forms, you can keep sensitive health information secure and private. Check out our vaccine templates today to learn more.