Business owners often struggle when it comes to collecting leads. Making cold calls, creating signup forms, and wading through a sea of customer information is a lot of work.
Services like Mailchimp emerged to enable companies to automate lead generation. From their Mailchimp account, businesses can automate email marketing efforts, send customized messages to segments of their audience, and analyze the results of campaigns. Mailchimp even expanded its offerings to include an entire marketing platform for small businesses.
All of these marketing tools are ideal for businesses that want to generate leads from their website. Many companies rely on content management systems (CMS) to publish their website content and collect new leads. One of the most popular CMS platforms is WordPress.
Here’s how you can get all the advantages of Mailchimp’s email marketing capabilities on your WordPress site.
Adding Mailchimp to your WordPress website
Pairing Mailchimp with WordPress allows you to take full advantage of your website traffic. When someone lands on your site, you’ll be able to collect your leads’ information and automatically send it into your Mailchimp account.
You can integrate Mailchimp in one of two ways, depending on which type of WordPress site you have. Here’s what you need to do for websites ending in .com:
- Open the WordPress page or post that you’re going to add the Mailchimp form to.
- Add the Mailchimp block to your page by selecting the Add Block button on your WordPress editor and searching for Mailchimp.
- Select the Mailchimp block.
- Customize your signup form block. You can change the text of the Submit Form button or placeholder text in a form field, edit the terms of service disclaimer, and customize the messages users receive after successfully submitting an entry or encountering an error.
Follow these suggestions if your WordPress site ends in .org:
- Install the signup form plug-in. This requires you to generate an API key in Mailchimp so you can connect it. Then use your Admin panel to complete the process.
- Insert one of Mailchimp’s embedded forms. Paste this into one of your site’s HTML- ready areas.
- Or insert Mailchimp’s subscriber popup form.
By adding Mailchimp’s forms and signup sheets to your WordPress site, you’re leveraging a valuable marketing resource. But wait, there’s more. When you combine Mailchimp with your Jotform account, you can also use premade templates and Jotform’s secure forms on your WordPress site.
How to integrate Mailchimp with Jotform
Merging Mailchimp’s email marketing tools with Jotform’s secure signup forms enables you to supercharge your email campaigns. Jotform’s safe, HIPAA-friendly templates make it easy for you to create signup forms for any type of mailing list.
By adding Jotform to your WordPress site, you’ll be able to generate leads through safe, template-based forms and add them to your Mailchimp email list.
To combine Jotform and Mailchimp with WordPress, you need to connect your Mailchimp account to Jotform and then embed Jotform’s plug-in into your WordPress site. To connect your Mailchimp account to your Jotform account, simply follow these steps:
- Click Settings on the top of the page in JotForm.
- Select Integrations on the left-hand side of the page.
- Use the search box to search for “Mailchimp.”
- Select Mailchimp to launch the Integration Wizard.
- Connect your Mailchimp account by clicking Authenticate and logging into your Mailchimp account.
- Follow the Wizard steps.
Next, you can embed your form into WordPress with Jotform’s plug-in. Follow these steps:
- Download the tarball or zip file.
- Extract it to your WordPress Plug-ins folder.
- Enter your WordPress Administrator panel.
- Activate the plug-in in the Plug-ins section.
- Go to the page where you want to embed your form.
- In the WordPress Gutenberg editor, add a classic block to the page.
- Select Jotform’s Form Picker tool (pencil icon).
- Choose the form from your Jotform account.
- Click Save/Preview.
While adding Jotform to your Mailchimp and WordPress accounts takes a little extra time, it makes gathering leads much simpler. Combining all of your signup tools will help you organize your customer information and ensure you don’t miss out on a lead.
Sign up for extra benefits by using both Mailchimp and Jotform
Setting up an email list can be difficult for a small business. By following these steps, you can easily use all of the tools you need to gather leads directly from your WordPress site.
At Jotform, we offer the templates and form building tools you need to make any type of signup form. Our secure, customizable forms can help speed up the form-creation process so you can get started collecting new leads. Check out our templates today.
Thank you for helping improve the Jotform Blog. 🎉