When autofill or save and continue is enabled (classic and card), form users can save their partial data if they decide to stop for other matters or simply save to prevent loss of data. They are provided or sent a link to continue. When partial data is saved, that is considered an Incomplete Submissions.
If in case users lost their session from their browser or accidentally deleted the session email or you simply want to view or delete the incomplete submissions, you can now do it through Jotform Tables. To get into the list of incomplete submissions, please do the below steps:
- Select your form on the My Forms page.
- Click the Submissions button at the top toolbar.
Or, click on the form’s More menu and select Submissions under the Data column.
- Click the kebab icon to open the tab menu and select the Incomplete Submissions option.
- If you want to view the incomplete submission, click the View button to open the form with the incomplete submission in a new tab.
- If you want to delete the incomplete submission, click the Delete button instead. Confirm the deletion on the popup screen.
- If you would like to delete multiple incomplete submissions at once, select the submissions from the list and click the Delete button.
Note that we are storing Incomplete Submissions forever. They’ll sit in the form unless deleted.
We also do not recommend viewing sessions on your classic forms and moving on pages (multipage forms) unless you are sure that the owner is not viewing the same session to their end as doing so will override the data.
How To View Incomplete Submissions Through the Old Submissions Page
After selecting the form and clicking the Submissions button on the My Forms page, the form will redirect you to the old submissions page.
There, click the Incomplete Submissions button just below the form title.
The Incomplete Submissions window will show the list of saved sessions.
In this window, there’s only an option to delete the incomplete submissions. However, if you need to view the saved sessions, you can do so by copying the Session ID and appending it to your form URL.
For example, we have the following session ID: JF-S4L-mZfDhotp
Append the Session ID to the form URL as follows: