Many business owners use surveys to gather useful information from their customers, employees, or other stakeholders. There’s no shortage of tools available for creating surveys. Facebook is a widely used one — no wonder, since the platform has over 1.5 billion daily active users across the world. We cover how to create a survey on Facebook below.
You can create a Facebook poll on your Facebook page. The exact, step-by-step process will change over time as Facebook updates its platform, but here’s a basic rundown:
How to create a survey on your Facebook page
- Start a poll through your Facebook page.
- Enter your question.
- Enter the options you want people to choose from.
- Add photos or GIFs if desired.
- Choose when you want your poll to end.
- Post the poll. Results are shown on the post (after each person votes).
Facebook’s native survey capability is a simple, two-question poll. Kelan Kline, cofounder of The Savvy Couple, regularly uses Facebook polls to learn more about his audience and their needs. He finds polls to be super simple and very effective market research tools. His brand has a sizeable following (more than 50,000 people), so most of the time he starts polls in his private Facebook group, “where die-hard fans hang out.”
Kline says it’s important to keep poll answers brief so people are more likely to respond, providing more data points for his decision-making. “We use the results to plan out our next product/service for our blog readers. It’s great not having to guess about what readers want and are willing to pay for.”
We have covered the basic steps above, for additional details on creating a poll on Facebook, including screen and button names, refer to this Facebook help article.
Facebook surveys work well for those who use the social media platform regularly. They’re also great for quick pulse checks about a simple-to-understand topic.
Need a more advanced survey tool?
Facebook surveys are good for the above situations, but many of your customers may not use social media on a daily basis (if at all). In that case, reaching those customers and getting their input requires a survey solution that isn’t native to the platform.
- Embed on your website
- Email to people directly
- Download as a PDF
- Publish to multiple third-party platforms, such as Tumblr, Blogger, and Facebook
Beyond distribution, Facebook’s limited poll options may leave you wanting more. For example, your questions may require a lengthy description to ensure respondents understand what’s being asked, or you may need to provide more than two answer choices. Jotform addresses this by enabling you to
- Customize surveys to suit your needs. Ask as many questions as you want. List as many answers as you desire. Use checkboxes and text boxes. You can make your surveys your own.
- Integrate with important business services. Jotform integrates with more than 100 software across industries and categories — from file sharing to email marketing tools.
- Accept payments. Facebook polls, along with many third-party solutions, don’t offer the ability to accept payments from survey participants. Jotform provides secure payment integration with its surveys — whether it’s with Square, PayPal, Stripe, or another payment processor.
- Make surveys visually impressive. With Jotform you can create a visually stunning survey to keep your survey participants engaged — instead of just putting a few words in a box.
You can get up and running with Jotform quickly. Check out these easy-to-use survey templates for inspiration, or start your own from scratch and customize from the ground up.