Steps to add a Google Form to Seesaw
- Sign into your Google account
- Create a copy of it by clicking the three dots and selecting Make a Copy
- Click on the Settings tab
- Click on the Send button
- Click on the link icon and copy the form’s link
- Go to your Seesaw account and the “Post Student Work” page
- Use the Link button. Click the green checkmark, then click Continue
- Click the green checkmark again
Seesaw, the popular classroom learning app, connects students, teachers, and family members to enhance distance learning. The app features an array of tools that can give you valuable insights about your students’ progress, letting you adjust your instruction and ensure that each student reaches learning milestones.
While Seesaw is already outfitted with many tools, you can better tailor it to your needs by adding online forms to the platform. When you create your own forms, you can gather the specific information you need, whether it’s for a student learning assessment or simply to get feedback on your latest lesson. Google Forms and Jotform are two ways to accomplish this.
How to add Google Forms to Seesaw
Google Forms can enhance your use of Seesaw in multiple ways. You can use it to create forms for grading rubrics, student self-assessments, self-scoring quizzes, student surveys and feedback, and more. You’ll save time while accurately gathering important information that you can use to enhance your teaching and recordkeeping.
Here’s how to incorporate a Google Form into Seesaw.
- To start, sign into your Google account and draft your Google Form.
- After you’ve completed the form, create a copy of it by clicking the three dots in the top right and selecting Make a Copy.
- In the copy of the form, click on the Settings tab. Under the Responses category, make sure that the Limit to one person option is toggled off. Click Save.
- Click on the Send button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the link icon and copy the form’s link.
- Go to your Seesaw account and go to the “Post Student Work” page.
- Use the Link button and post your link. Click the green checkmark, then click Continue.
- Click the green checkmark again. Select the students who should receive the form.
Students will now have access to the form and will be directed straight to it without needing to click extra links.
When you’re using Google Forms with Seesaw, keep in mind that your students won’t have to log into Google Classroom, so their responses won’t necessarily be tied to a user profile. Make sure to add form fields for first and last names so you can accurately track submissions.
Additionally, students might be able to submit the form multiple times since they aren’t logged in. You may need to direct students to only submit the form once.
Add a form to Seesaw in a few easy clicks with Jotform’s 10,000+ ready-made form templates.
How to add Jotform to Seesaw
You can also use Jotform to create a form and add it into Seesaw. Jotform features thousands of education-related templates that can save you time. You can easily customize templates for your purposes or build your own form from scratch.
Here’s how to add a Jotform form to Seesaw.
- Log into Jotform, then create and save your form.
- Click on the Publish tab in the Form Builder.
- In the Quick Share option in the left column, make sure that Link to Share is set to Public Form.
- Next, click on the Embed option in the left column.
- Click the Copy Code button.
- Log into your Seesaw account and click on the Post Student Work page.
- Click the Link button and paste the link to your form. Click the green checkmark, then click Continue.
- Click the green checkmark again, and choose the students who should have access to the form.
How to get the most out of Seesaw
Seesaw already features thousands of engaging activities, but there are also many ways you can use forms to interact with your students. Here are just a few types of forms you can use:
- Quiz forms
- Student registration forms
- Student feedback forms
- Student surveys
- Student progress reports
- Course registration forms
- Scholarship application forms
Opting to use an online form instead of emailing or texting information can save you valuable time and ensure you get the responses you need — all in one place. Forms make it easy to track the responses you’ve received, and since Jotform automatically records your form responses in Jotform Tables, you don’t have to worry about manually entering form data.
When you’re designing your forms, keep in mind that you can incorporate different types of fields. While short answer fields can be great for gathering custom information and responses, multiple choice and checkbox questions can help students quickly complete forms while providing data that you can easily sort and review.
Whether you need to check in with your class quickly to see how everyone’s progressing or you’re looking for more detailed feedback, adding forms to Seesaw can help you to tailor your lessons and ensure that all of your students are progressing and thriving.
Thank you for helping improve the Jotform Blog. 🎉