Browse Article by Topicsemails receive email form submission email notification notification alert sender email smpt
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Setting Up an Autoresponder Email
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Send Submission Data & File Upload via FTP
- How to Prevent Email Bouncing Related Issues
- How to set Form Limits Based on a Unique Question
- How to use Mandrill to Send Emails From Your Own Email Address
- How to Add a Custom Sender Address to an Email Alert
- Set The Sender Email Address With Mandrill Account
Related Forum Questions
- How to restrict table width in emails for printing
- Emails not being sent when submitted
- Is it possible to link an existing contact form to my JotForm account
- Hiding blank fields doesn't work on edited form emails
- Attempt to validate emails address says 'link not valid'?
- Images not showing up on the actual email when received
- Email with customer information reaches us w/html code
- Autoresponder emails are not being sent?
- PayPal Integration: Payment field under conditionally hidden collapse tool causes duplicated submission.
- Why I'm not receiving submission emails?
Setting Up Email NotificationsLast Update: February 16, 2017
Setting up email notifications on your web forms is easy as 1-2-3. You'll be able to get email notifications whenever a response comes to your web form and check out the response from wherever you are.
If you are trying to test the email alerts using " Test Email " button, please note that this will always send the email notification to email address in your account profile. You have to make an actual submission in your form to test the recipient email address you are settin up in the form. Please refer to this guide for more information: How-to-properly-Change-and-Test-a-New-Email-Recipient-Address.
1. Click the "Emails" button on the builder toolbar.
2. Click the "Create New Email" button
Jotform V4 : Settings>>Emails>>+
3. Click on "Notification Email" option.
4. Each section is separated by tabs.
Email tab: There is where you change the email template and subject header.
Recipients tab: You can define the recipient emails for your form here. You can also set the Sender Name and Reply-To Email.
Advanced tab: You can change here the Sender Email Address and other email settings.
You may also implement your own Email into your Setup as a Sender E-Mail Address, and if you would like to learn more about how to set this up you can read more about it here: How to Add a Sender Address.
If you are having issues with your Emails not being received then we recommend you check this guide to prevent "emails not being received" issues
Note: If you are looking for a way to setup text only email, please do note that this is not possible any more.
The new wizard will allow you to only change the HTML email, text only emails are actually no longer used as mobile devices are becoming more common and all can open HTML emails without issues.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please write it below!