When it comes to customer relationship management, Salesforce is the preeminent CRM solution on the market. In fact, IDC found that in 2019 Salesforce increased its market share by more percentage points than the other top CRM providers combined. Almost synonymous with the phrase CRM itself, Salesforce is well known for a feature-rich platform that helps you manage all of your customers and leads.
Jotform and Salesforce have been integration partners for almost 10 years, and we’re really excited to announce our latest update! Now, our customers can enjoy more diverse functionality within the Salesforce ecosystem so they can be even more productive.
What’s new with the Jotform–Salesforce integration?
Our product development team conducted feedback sessions with shared customers to gather their requests for the essential updates that would improve the integration workflow. As a result, we improved areas like user experience and form and field functionality, as well as increased record integration capabilities to maximize the current features within Salesforce.
As always, you can automatically sync your Jotform submissions to your Salesforce account to add new contacts and leads. Now it’ll be easier than ever to do so.
Here are the highlights of the new features:
- All standard and custom objects in Salesforce are now supported. This was one of the top requests from our users.
- Standard objects are objects included with Salesforce, such as Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity.
- Custom objects are objects that you create to store information specific to your company or industry. They are unique to your organization and provide a structure for sharing data. For example, if you work in HR, you might build a custom object that stores information about the software certifications of employees.
- There are now both Find a record and Create a record actions.
- Find a record allows users to find a record and link it to another action. For example, Accounts can have multiple Contacts in Salesforce. When you create a Contact record, you can link this Contact to an Account by using the Find a record action. Additionally, users can define matching criteria to find a record.
- You can set as many of these actions as you need, and multiple records can be created for each form submission. The Account ID field links a Contact to an Account. You can retrieve the Account ID from the Find a record action.
Step-by-step login instructions
If this is your first time integrating Salesforce with Jotform, log in from the Settings section of the Jotform Form Builder.
Then click the Authenticate button to link your Salesforce account. If you have already linked your Salesforce account, you can select it from the dropdown.
Once you’ve connected your account, choose one of the following options: Create a record or Find a record.
Select the type of data to transfer from the form. All standard and custom Salesforce objects are allowed.
Map your form questions to the data fields in your Salesforce database.
Also, you have the option to check for duplicate entries. We recommend selecting Find and update the existing record. Alternatively, you can use Salesforce fields to check for duplicates. If a record is found, it will be updated automatically. Otherwise, a new record will be created.
When you’re finished, all form submissions will automatically be uploaded to your Salesforce CRM. There, you’ll see the Jotform data, whether it’s an account or contact.
For additional information (or questions) on how to set up your Jotform integration with Salesforce, be sure to check out our help guide.