NDIS Access Request Form - requires professionals to provide supporting information about your child’s disability and the impact it has on mobility, communication, social interaction, learning, self-care and/or ability to self-manage. Please answer the following questions with as much detail as possible to enable us to complete a support letter for NDIS.
Impact of your child's disability...
1. Mobility/motor skills - Moving around the home (crawling/walking), getting in or out of bed or a chair, leaving the home and moving about in the community. Assistance required does not include commonly used items such as glasses, walking sticks, non-slip bath mats, bathroom grab rails and hand rails installed at stairs.
2. Communication - Being understood in spoken, written or sign language, understanding others and express needs and wants by gesture, speech or context appropriate for age.
3. Social interaction - Making and keeping friends, interacting with the community (or playing with other children), coping with feelings and emotions.
4. Learning - Understanding and remembering information, learning new things, practising and using new skills.
5. Self-Care - Showering/ bathing, dressing, eating toileting, caring for own health (not applicable for children under two years of age). Assistance required does not include commonly used items such as nonslip bath mats, bathroom grab rails and hand rails installed at stairs.
6. Self-Management - Doing daily jobs, making decisions and handling problems and money (not applicable for children under 8 years of age).