Dear Wheaton College Student:
We are excited you are exploring the possibility of serving new students at Wheaton College as a member of the 2018 Orientation Committee. This application is intended to help you discern if the Orientation Committee is where God is asking you to serve Him next year.
Orientation is about initiating the Wheaton experience by providing a warm welcome and a comprehensive introduction to the mission and purpose of Wheaton College. Its focus is on all new students and assisting them as they begin to discover their role within our community; developing new friendships, learning about academic expectations, exposure to campus resources, and forming a spiritual community together.
The benefits of being a member of the Orientation Committee are extensive. OC members are challenged to grow in their faith through their work in serving new students, developing events and programs, and working with campus administrators, faculty and staff. OC members learn about themselves and about working and serving in a group setting. The commitment and sacrifice to serve in this capacity is significant, but the opportunity of growing and maturing into the likeness of Christ through this process is rewarding.
In considering the application process, we ask that you prayerfully review the following expectations before you apply:
1. You are committed to the purpose of Orientation and its ministry to the college.
2. You are committed to the full term November 2017 - October 2018.
3. You will be able to attend the initial training/bonding retreat from January 12-14, 2018
4. You will be able to return to campus August 12 for the HoneyRock Student Development leadership retreat which takes place August 13-18.
5. You are committed to taking ownership of and responsibility for the Orientation events that you plan.
6. You are committed to attending all weekly meetings.
The complete application consists of the application below and two references (one from a faculty member, administrator, staff member or RD and one from a peer). Please send this link to your references so they can fill out a reference for for you online.
We will be praying for God to help you discern whether you are called to serve Him and the new students as a member of Orientation Committee 2018. We ask that as you participate in the selection process, you also prayerfully consider how God is calling you to serve Him next year. If you have any questions regarding this process or the Orientation Committee in general, please feel free to contact us.
Dean for Student Engagement, Student Engagement
Orientation Committee Student Director 2018