1. Most jobs will require 6 days a week and 8-10 hours of work a day. Mondays are free time for all. We do not set aside holiday time during the school period, so if you desire to do tourism travel you must plan this for a time before or after your commitment is fulfilled.
2. Be at least 5 minutes early to all SMS meetings. Being on time (which means early) is a big value of Steiger.
3. SMS prayer meetings and daily community worship times are required for all volunteers unless they are busy with an assigned job or cleared by an SMS leader.
4. Do your job first then look to help others. If you find yourself finishing early, learn something new! Remember, the job is done when everyone is done.
5. Men look after the girls. Carry the heavy stuff. Don"t let the girls do it. We honor them and watch out for them.
6. You are free to participate in the community life of the school, talking and praying with students. But it is important to understand that you are there as a volunteer serving the school, not as a leader or counselor to the people there who are training for mission. In the personal relationships you develop there, in behavior and in dressing you should maintain respect and modesty according to the atmosphere of this mission school.
7. We are all responsible to care for the property, space and equipment at the school, whether it be something in your area of work or not. We enjoy a clean, tidy and peaceful atmosphere, which is only possible if all volunteers and students make effort to keep this so.
8. As volunteers, you will join us from June 1st - August 22nd. Your early arrival will allow for a wonderful time of physical and spiritual preparation for the school. Our last days will be used for cleaning up and praising God together for what He has done during the summer! Please plan your travel arrangements around these dates.