Application to the Student Innovation Mine
Applicants must complete this application in its entirety to be considered for acceptance as a Participant in the Student Incubator Mine operated by the Center for Research Entrepreneurship & Innovative Enterprises (CREIE) at The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP). All applicants will be interviewed by the CREIE staff and given an opportunity to discuss their business further. Acceptance and participation is afforded at the sole and absolute discretion of CREIE.
At least one owner of the business must be a currently enrolled UTEP student. Both Undergraduate and Graduate students are welcome to participate. Students will be admitted on a semester basis and must demonstrate adequate progress in order to retain their membership in subsequent semesters. Students without formal business plans are expected to write one within 6 months of participation in the program.
Students will be required to participate in programs designed to increase their chances for success. This includes meeting at least monthly with their business consultant and attending entrepreneurial speaker events and training workshops.
The Student Incubator should be accessible to any and every currently enrolled UTEP student requesting assistance. The mission of the Student Innovation Mine (SIM) is to assist student entrepreneurs who demonstrate the greatest chance for success, growth and adding jobs to the community.
The student should be able to meet the following criteria to gain acceptance into the program:
1. The student should represent a small startup business.
2. The student will locate both management offices and production facilities in Texas.
3. The student can articulate the business model and entrepreneurial opportunity.
4. The student’s business concept is unique.
5. The student will agree to produce a business plan.
6. The essential resources needed to start the business are available or can be acquired.
7. The student is willing to adhere to policies and procedures of the program and facility.
Please fill out the following application if you are interested in learning more about membership in SIM. All fields marked with an asterisk are required.